Rubber Bullets for Home Intruders?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by As Above So Below, Aug 6, 2012.

1. The guns don't disappear they just become illegal, if such a thing happens almost nobody would hand their guns over. The only difference a gun ban would make is that the serial numbers on my guns would be filed off and my deuce deuce would be converted to full auto along with my chopper. Shit I would just stamp a couple more choppers and make them full auto to begin with. Thank the based god I took auto shop and learned how to use every tool that will make my weapons if dickheads like you ever succeed in this gun ban bullshit.

2. You know the US constitution came into effect in the late 18th century? It's the 21st century now, you don't need to protect yourself from the British anymore.

You obviously are scared of something if you feel the need to own a gun. Protect your resources in the unlikely event of a pandemic? Please get real.

You are right, the guns wouldn't just disappear if gun ownership became illegal. But at least it would be a start. Knife crime in the UK dropped significantly when their was a knife amnesty. A similar thing in the US could happen, but I expect close minded, paranoid people like you would find a way to screw that up.

3. Ollieeeee, you don't know shit.
    Any major gun ban here would cause fucking RIOTS! It is literally unimaginable the shit that would go down if the cops and military started rounding up everyones firearms. It would cause a coup. I dont even think anyone would follow the order. They would be too afraid.

And a pandemic might seem unlikely, but hurricane Katrina sure fucked some shit up.

It isn't about being scared. It is about accepting responsibility for the safety of yourself, your family, as well as those around you. Responsible gun owners avoid trouble as much as possible. The only gunfight you win is the one you avoid. But there are bad people out there, and their guns arent registered, and arent going to be turned in to anyone anytime. No one should have to rely on anyone else to protect them from violence.

4. 1; the right to bear arms was to protect from the GOVERNMENT NOT THE BRITISH. we were running from britian not because they were british it was because their government had become too large and tyrannical to live under the system of that monarchy anymore. we were running from the government, not the british. thats why we have the right to guns and militias. to protect from any tyrannical government. especially our own.

2; yes. i'm scared of the federal government. i dont want them seizing my land to build more chinese highways on or sending police to my home for random warrantless searches.

3; what the fuck yall cant even have knives? wow thats just terrible and not even worth a comment. what a horrible country to live in.

funny how you dont hear on the news how many people DONT get raped and shot to death because they had a gun. its always the batman shooters of the world who everyones talking about. what about the old lady who doesnt get beaten to death and robbed because she had a little 25 on her? dont hear much about her.

5. [quote name='"Mister Meaner"']Ollieeeee, you don't know shit.
    Any major gun ban here would cause fucking RIOTS! It is literally unimaginable the shit that would go down if the cops and military started rounding up everyones firearms. It would cause a coup. I dont even think anyone would follow the order. They would be too afraid.

And a pandemic might seem unlikely, but hurricane Katrina sure fucked some shit up.

It isn't about being scared. It is about accepting responsibility for the safety of yourself, your family, as well as those around you. Responsible gun owners avoid trouble as much as possible. The only gunfight you win is the one you avoid. But there are bad people out there, and their guns arent registered, and arent going to be turned in to anyone anytime. No one should have to rely on anyone else to protect them from violence.[/quote]

Preach

6. #106 maddeadzone, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2012
    How the fuck would a gun ban be a good start you simple minded motherfucker. The ban wouldn't take guns away from criminals or regular law abiding people. Explain what the fuck you think the American gun ban would do to get rid of guns from criminals. You're just labeling everyone with a gun as a robber, murderer or what ever bullshit criminals do which I don't know because I'm not a fucking criminal. Plus I'm not fucking paranoid or scared of this gun ban threat. You're just paranoid that all regular people who follow the gun laws are gonna do criminal shit. Either way I still have my guns so suck it. Plus even the police in this country agree that gun control won't and hasn't done shit to make this country safer, not that you would know because you probably don't even live here so why you think you know about this country like an American is beyond me.

7. [quote name='"Ollieeeee"']

You know the US constitution came into effect in the late 18th century? It's the 21st century now, you don't need to protect yourself from the British anymore.

You obviously are scared of something if you feel the need to own a gun. Protect your resources in the unlikely event of a pandemic? Please get real.

You are right, the guns wouldn't just disappear if gun ownership became illegal. But at least it would be a start. Knife crime in the UK dropped significantly when their was a knife amnesty. A similar thing in the US could happen, but I expect close minded, paranoid people like you would find a way to screw that up.[/quote]

Also take into account that the UK is alot smaller than the US, so obviously the crime rates are different.
    The U.S taking away our guns will cause people to revolt leading to more violence dont you think?
    I mean only because weed is illegal that doesn't stop us right?
    If a criminal has bad intentions he will use a gun .

8. People in the UK still get guns if they want them badly enough. More use knives there today because it's better than getting caught with a gun. But if you want a gun there you can get it.

Seriously, Mr. Bad Gangbanger already has a gun, I want one too, and Grandma, and my bartender, and the kid at the gas station (lol he probably already does), etc.

I'm not afraid of those people, why would I be afraid of them if they were armed, if I was also armed? But then Mr Bad Gangbanger has no more advantage, equal playing field pal, let's go.

But big government doesn't want that. They'd rather keep you disarmed so THEY can victimize you, and they don't particularly care if you get victimized by criminals as well.

So pass me the 12 gauge and say fuck you to gun laws.

9. I agree 99%. My only difference is I'll stick with the Glock.

10. Thanks for informing that I don't need to be afraid of the British.Your statement shows just how informed you are. Protecting ourselves from any invaders was only one of the reasons for the second admendment in the Constitution. The other reasons are our own citizens & a tryannical American government.
    I live in Oakland brainac, some of the highest crime & murder rates in America are right here, yes I do need a weapon in the house.
    Put a poster in your front window attesting to the fact that you don't believe in guns and none are on the premisi.:hello:

11. I feel you, I heard some crazy shit from some Oakland gangsters I knew. So much for the assault weapons ban.

12. Woah, calm down man. Did you get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning or something?

I am not paranoid that law abiding, regular people are going to "do criminal shit". I agree that the overwhelming majority of gun owners in the USA use them responsibly. It's the small minority of crazy people that can easily walk into their local gun shop and purchase rifles originally manufactured for war that worries me. Please tell me why you need a fully automatic rifle? I bet you can't think of one good reason why any sane person would need one.

It's people like you that give gun owners a bad name.

Obviously I'm talking proportionally. And yes, if criminals have bad intentions then they will find a way to get their hands on a gun somehow, that will always be a problem. My point is that it would be much harder for young, f***** up kids to get their hands on automatic rifles and kill dozens of people.

13. ^so along that line of thought do you think the age for owning guns should just be raised?

14. No, I think the gun laws should be pretty much the same as the UK.

15. [quote name='"Ollieeeee"']

No, I think the gun laws should be pretty much the same as the UK.[/quote]

Ahh you're a trickster. Leading me in the wrong direction. All I know about the UK's approach is that guns are tightly regulated, is it a license thing or are civilians just not allowed to have them?

16. #116 maddeadzone, Aug 10, 2012
    I'm just gonna let that comment about giving gun owners a bad name slide since you don't know me. I don't want to go into full details but I am going through arbitrary shit right now that is completely fucking with my peace and tranquility. But I do agree you don't need an automatic rifle because they are only useful for covering fire and stabbing your wallet. An automatic rifle is hard to obtain legally not only because of the price, but because of the bureaucratic red tape you have to go through to get one. It isn't something you can walk into your average gun shop to buy. Actually it is very easy to get dirty cheap $200 choppers on the street compared to the legal $20,000 chopper. I just don't like being called paranoid by someone who doesn't know me just because I own guns. Sorry if I was a little harsh but like I said I have a lot of shit that I'm dealing with that I don't need and all of these things are just turning my world upside down. Other than that I consider myself a responsible gun owner because I learned at an early age how to handle a gun properly and safely, and what is good or what is bad to do with a gun. I just felt like I was labeled as a thug.

17. #117 Nookies, Aug 10, 2012
    Ok OP, first off don't even listen to any of these anti-gun people. Void everything they say. Especially this Ollie guy, he's spewing incorrect info..Brits shouldn't even be allowed to talk about gun control. He has said twice paraphrasing "you can walk into a store and buy a fully automatic weapon" This is false. He probably thinks semi-automatic rifles are fully automatic. Funny enough most anti-gun people literally know nothing about firearms. You cannot walk into a store and buy a fully automatic weapon. IN NO STATE are you allowed to buy a fully automatic weapon. Unless you have a class 3 license. Which takes a shit ton of money and time to get. So ignore him. Also ignore the wannabe MMA guy saying knives > guns. If he pulled out a knife from 6 feet away from me I would be able to draw my gun and put at least 3 rounds into him before he got within striking distance of me.

Second off be sure you're in a somewhat gun friendly state that allows you to use deadly force in home intrusions. I lived in FL for 16 years. In Florida, if someone enters your home you can kill them. It's called justified homicide but a homicide none the less. Also do not use excessive force, if you shoot him once, do not go up to him and shoot him again..Doing things like that is what can cause you to get fucked.

Do not use rubber bullets. "animals are more dangerous wounded" and that would apply to a human as well. If you shoot him in the dark with rubber bullets he may try to kill you, just for payback. To have one final action, that would be to end your life. If someone shot me and I knew it was fatal I would try to kill him before I die. A rubber bullet would hurt like hell, but chances are it would not incapacitate him. Hell, you'd be better off by buying two of the gas powered tasers that shoot BUT actually have a real gun to back you up. If you miss with that taser, you're fucked. Hence two of them, and of course get yourself familiarized with them. But rubber bullets? Hell no. Just get a .38 revolver load it with hollow points to avoid wall penetration. Fine and dandy for your purposes. Not a powerful round so going through 3498 walls isn't likely. But enough to put someone down.

Also, since you have stated you have no gun experience IF YOU HAVE KIDS, please do not be an idiot and leave the gun LOADED with just the safety on. Kids are curious, if they find it they will play with it. Instead keep the ammo away from the gun or keep it in some type of easy to access lockbox. They have these small lock boxes you simply sit on your night stand and it has grooves in the shape of fingers so you feel it at night.

Off topic: IMHO people saying "enter my home and they die" makes gun owners look bad. If someone broke into my harm I would not want to kill him. If I could identify what he was carrying I would simply flip the lights on and tell him to freeze..If he tried running, a round to the leg. If I could see something in his hands, I would assume it was a gun and shoot to kill. But yeah, I wouldn't kill someone for breaking into my home that simply had a crowbar in his hands, especially after identifying what it was.

and in case your curious im using a mossberg 500 tactical persuader for my home defense weapon, I have a forend front grip that has a pressure plate. When I grip the front grip my flashlight automatically turns on, so basically I can already be aiming without my flashlight giving away my position then a slight squeeze of the grip and it comes on. First shot is 00 buck ^_^

18. You are allowed to have shotguns if you get a shotgun license for hunting purposes. You have to have a safe in your house for them, which is checked by officials routinely. You can also get a firearms license, this enables you to get bolt action rifles, but the calibre is limited I believe.

Here is the wiki article on it.

Gun politics in the United Kingdom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, here is a little food for thought - In England & Wales in 2009 there were 0.073 recorded intentional homicides committed with a firearm per 100,000 inhabitants; for comparison, the figure for the United States was 3.0, about 40 times higher. 40 times higher. If you can't admit there is something wrong with that then you are simply retarded.

19. #119 Ollieeeee, Aug 10, 2012

Yeah they should, intentional homicide with a firearm is 40 times higher than in the UK

20. #120 Nookies, Aug 10, 2012
    You are aware, in the UK guns are banned, and in the US theres 200 million firearms and half of our population is armed right? You are also aware that the US has QUADRUPLE THE POPULATION of the UK....OF FUCKING COURSE WE ARE GOING TO HAVE MORE HOMICIDES COMPARED TO A COUNTRY THAT DOES NOT HAVE GUNS AND WITH A POPULATION FOUR TIMES YOUR AMOUNT. Lets compare stabbings shall we? Thats like lowering our drinking age down to 18..Of fucking course we will see a spike in DUIS and dui related fatalities. Thats simple statistics..You seem to be completely oblivious to math and statistics.

The OP asked if rubber bullets would be good for home defense. He did not ask for ignorant people who have never even touched a firearm to start up a gun control debate. This will be my only reply to you. You are under the completely wrong impression we can walk into the store and buy a fully automatic rifle. Just that single quote from you proves you have NO IDEA what you are talking about. The only thing you are correct in is the homicide rates..for obvious reasons. It's comparing apples to oranges and holds no merit.

It's not paranoid to have a couple of fire extinguishers in your home.
    It's not paranoid to have smoke detectors in your home.
    It's not paranoid to have life insurance, medical insurance or car insurance.
    It's not paranoid to have a first aid kit or any disaster kits.

Why is having a gun for home defense being paranoid for something statistically more than likely to happen than home fires? Right. Stop talking.