Rubber Bullets for Home Intruders?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by As Above So Below, Aug 6, 2012.

1. a reply to what?
    I didn't say anything about aiming .. .

2. this is what i was replying to

3. #43 johnnyCage, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2012
    "sounds like someone needs to learn how to AIM !"

IF- you were target shooting.

But since you are talking about targeting an attacker rushing at you with a melee weapon- aim has NOTHING to do with it.

This is a situation where your firearm is of ZERO use- and spacial awareness/physical intervention is your only option for dealing with the knife threat.

Once again- do you think its likely to get a head shot/ vitals- on a target that is running towards you?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8AoywlwCB4&feature=related]7 Vital Truths of Edged Weapons - YouTube[/ame]

At which point does the person(without the knife) have the ability to target a vital? Its not a case of "learn how to aim"- its a case of its impossible to use a gun (ranged- non contact weapon) to both DEFEND a knife attack AND win the encounter.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9igSoJHEdUo]Too close - dont underestimate the knife - YouTube[/ame]
    Skip to 1:31- at which point does the gun-holder- have the ability to target a vital to stop his attacker?

When someone with a melee weapon is running at you within 21ft- you would be LUCKY- to wing him (in which case you will still die. and your attacker might not)

4. you can try and justify it till the earth stops spinning and thats fine.. its your opinion

me i'm locked and loaded...

thats where I stand !

5. And thats fine-.

But you didn't answer my question-

Skip to 1:31 in the video- and tell me WHEN- does the gun-man have the ability to target vitals/ AIM BETTER?

It has nothing to do with aim- it has to do with the fact that a firearm- has NO use against knife inside 21ft.

6. really lol

thats funny

7. But you didn't answer my question-

Skip to 1:31 in the video- and tell me WHEN- does the gun-man have the ability to target vitals/ AIM BETTER?

It has nothing to do with aim- it has to do with the fact that a firearm- has NO use against knife inside 21ft.

Pssssst- you still haven't answered.:hello:

8. All of this talk about edge weapons is fine when your young enough, strong & fast but that has a tendancy to deminish with time.
    As for a good knife man the only place he's going if he gets hit with a 44 or 45 cal or a load of double ought or slugshot is down.
    Cheers:D

9. [quote name='"johnnyCage"']

But you didn't answer my question-

Pssssst- you still haven't answered.:hello:[/quote]

To me, maybe I wouldn't have time to aim and pop off accurate shots, but i would unload the mag in the attackers direction in that amount of time. Hopefully some hit.

Plus in the scenario, when someone gets shot at they lose some confidence. You're talking about a knife wielding berserker- which not everyone carrying a knife is. Maybe you aren't even that brave.

Never know until it comes down to it! By that time it's who wants to live more I think.

10. Lol at a knife Vs Gun, sure if you were a Navy SEAL, or an assassin, or a ninja then yeah a knife would be a good choice.

But if its a normal guy running at me with a knife id just lift my gun up and start shooting.

Now as far as OP, definitely get the real gun. Dont allow them to take your rights or fear then just because of what they write on the lawbooks

11. Dude I completely agree with u, I am a black belt in bjj and at my dojo many people from the local Naval post grad school went there to learn there martial arts, and these people were individuals studying language that were already navy seals. So we not only learned traditional BJJ grappling techniques but also learned a lot of techniques from Krav Maga. Within 21 feet it is very possible to kill an individual with a gun even if u don't have a weapon on you. Your most valuable weapon (aside from your mind) is your body and can be used to kill people in a multitude of scenarios and in a plethora of ways.

12. get a shotgun, or get a 9mm, with hollow point rounds, or if you can afford it get a .50 cal magnum, they will be real intimadated looking down the barrel of that....check your laws though, in my state if they break in, i can legally shoot them...i like the idea of rubber bullets, but personally i wouldn't take the chance though, you never know what the robber might have

13. I'm pretty sure a shotgun at close range with buckshot would mess anyone with a knife up any day.l And the Hole 3 points to use a gun isn't shit with a shotgun its turn that way and pull the trigger, doesn't even need to be on your shoulder, with a semi probably could get 3 off before you thought about touching me with a knife any day

14. #54 johnnyCage, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2012
    Your correct- and thats why a shotgun(or any firearm) that is loaded and in your hands is an incredible self defense tool. Especially for people of lesser physical ability.

My point about edged weapons is simply that they should not be under-estimated.

Also- How often is your shotgun in your hands AND loaded? the drills of knife vs gun i listed were all using a pistol. But the result would be WORSE- not better if you had to pick up and cock a shotgun before a knife was at you.

15. [quote name='"johnnyCage"']

Your correct- and thats why a shotgun(or any firearm) that is loaded and in your hands is an incredible self defense tool. Especially for people of lesser physical ability.

My point about edged weapons is simply that they should not be under-estimated.[/quote]

Not underestimateting it, i know what it can do, and i also know the power of the shotgun which is superior within close combat but not super close, unless u got a knife mounted to that bitch which sounds like a good idea

16. The military still teaches Combat Skills, with a M4, grenade launcher, crew served weapon, and hand to hand.
    You're saying Combat is hand to hand fighting which is a very small part on the battlefields today and is the last resort in a home invasion at my house. Think about the raid last year, no one had a knife in their hand, they all had weapons drawn. Why? Because a gun shot to the head means game over and hand to hand is a backup plan. HtH is a skill that one in 1,000 troops will ever use. 995 of these will be in a bar.
    It's not an efficient way to win a confrontation with someone that is armed and means you harm. If a person enters my house with a knife then he is outgunned. If he has a gun, so do I.... Even playing field. If I have rubber bullets, well, I'm just not that stupid.

17. So if a 300+ pound homosexual broke into your house and your rubber bullets didn;t even stun him, you would rather be fucked in the ass by him, or by the courts?

18. [quote name='"blazedasfuck"']

So if a 300+ pound homosexual broke into your house and your rubber bullets didn;t even stun him, you would rather be fucked in the ass by him, or by the courts?[/quote]

I don't think you know how powerful rubber bullets are

19. If robber's know the homeowner's are armed they will move on. If they knew they were shooting rubber bullets, well it's not really very scary. Don't trust rubber bullets to safeguard your self and your loved ones. If your to much of a bitch to pull the trigger at least get a big dog..

20. No- looks like YOU are misinformed.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_ymNErgGkQ&feature=player_embedded]shot by bean bag - YouTube[/ame]

You think EVERY intruder will be smaller-weaker- and LESS determined than this kid? :wave: Enjoy giving him a charlie horse- (which the courts consider assault with a deadly weapon ANYWAY.)

"The military still teaches Combat Skills, with a M4, grenade launcher, crew served weapon, and hand to hand."

My point exactly- the military teaches marksmanship- and how to move/engage in a unit with said firearm. All of this is deigned to be the most cost effective way to train- with the LEAST required training- and the quickest benefit.

As for hand to hand?- no. You learn a few dead-pattern moves (catch kick-sweep trip etc) which are drilled to increase moral- NOT to teach you anything.

Think CPR- (the chest pumping/breathing into the mouth are VERY ineffective- and the ratios/numbers are MEANINGLESS- but you are taught it- so you focus on your 'training' rather than panic.)

"You're saying Combat is hand to hand fighting which is a very small part on the battlefields today and is the last resort in a home invasion at my house."

well- thats combining a lot of silly arguments- in ww2 is hand to hand combat the solution for sprinting through no-mans land to the other trench? NO- But thats MUCH MORE SO a problem that soldiers NEVER HAVE BEEN TRAINED- NOR PROVIDED COMBAT TRAINING.

If you weren't forced to listen to 'orders' and were given training to accomplish an ACTUAL goal (as opposed to cost effective training-) raiding houses with guns drawn would be the FIRST thing that would change.

"and is the last resort in a home invasion at my house."
    I dont know how big your rooms in your house are . . . but firearms shouldn't be your only go-to . . . an 8yr old with a knife stands a FAR better chance than a homeowner trying to target an attacker who intends to close distance to cut.

"Think about the raid last year, no one had a knife in their hand, they all had weapons drawn. Why?"

Because none of them have received weapons training in anything other than a firearm. (and a baton- UNTIL they deploy firearm.)
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7Ov3cbAPqY&feature=related]Dangerous Criminal - Crazy Stabber - YouTube[/ame]
    Imagine if those cops ENTERED his house (and were not able to circle him- and maintain several yards of space.)
    If they 'raided with guns drawn' - few of those officers would have left that front room alive.

"Because a gun shot to the head means game over and hand to hand is a backup plan."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9igSoJHEdUo]Too close - dont underestimate the knife - YouTube[/ame]

Ok- skip to 1:31 and explain when you would advise 'tagetting the head'.

Hand to hand should be THE plan. Until the threat is mitigated - your firearm functions like having sticky feet. (after the threat is dealt with- if you can escape to re-engage THEN the firearm becomes powerful again.)

"HtH is a skill that one in 1,000 troops will ever use. "
    Much more so because you are not trained- and do not possess it.

But thats my point- MANY situations where having that training WOULD keep people alive- but you aren't worth the cost of the training- so they drill having your shout something 'scary' as your ceremonially practice bayonet drills.

"It's not an efficient way to win a confrontation with someone that is armed and means you harm."
    Once again- spoken like someone that has never trained with a weapon other than firearm. purely not true. as i have stated several time- and there are DOZENS of studies that support the Tueller Drills findings- That a knife- will win over a gun- inside 21 ft
    Now take a moment to consider how many places inside your house- allow you to have a 21ft straight sight at your attacker (with no obstacles).

But back to the point-
    "If a person enters my house with a knife then he is outgunned. If he has a gun, so do I.... Even playing field. If I have rubber bullets, well, I'm just not that stupid."

If a person enters my house with a knife then he is outgunned.
    Good- just maybe learn some edged weapon disengagement- so you have the instinct to respond to the threat- move to adjacent angle THEN target.

If he has a gun, so do I.... Even playing field.
    Beautiful!

If I have rubber bullets, well, I'm just not that stupid.
    and . . . theres the answer! perfect!

I agree with you- and keep livin' and staying safe friend