Rubber Bullets for Home Intruders?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by As Above So Below, Aug 6, 2012.

1. I was curious about rubber bullets. With all the legal bullshit surrounding guns and home invasions, wouldn't it be better to use rubber bullets? You can defend yourself and you aren't going to kill anyone.

I was thinking of getting a taser in the future but if someone is pointing a gun at you and you taze them, wouldn't their finger like spaz out and possibly pull the trigger?

Pepper spray doesn't work well in the dark and an invader with a gun will beat a steel baton or any other close weapon.

I'm no gun expert by any means.

2. If someone is in my home shooting a gun with live ammo at me, I want a lethal weapon to use against him

3. I'm with rubber bullets and those other tiny metal balls.

Plus a knife works at times.

Live bullets are just fucked up. Death shouldn't be that easy, we should value the human life.

4. in my honest opinion if you consider using rubber bullets, you should use a rubber gun as well

If It was me i would get a real gun with real bullets for home defense..

Anyone breaks into my house I will defend myself with real bullets and a real gun- I am not willing to take that chance of dying in my own house because i shot an intruder with rubber bullets and the intruder returned fire with real ammo

5. [quote name='"kush70"']

in my honest opinion if you consider using rubber bullets, you should use a rubber gun as well

If It was me i would get a real gun with real bullets for home defense..

Anyone breaks into my house I will defend myself with real bullets and a real gun- I am not willing to take that chance of dying in my own house because i shot an intruder with rubber bullets and the intruder returned fire with real ammo[/quote]

This.

The guy accepted the risk of dying when he broke into my home.

6. I agree with what everyone is saying. But the person who owns the house usually gets fucked by the legal system after the fact =/ That's why I was thinking of rubber bullets. I would want to get my point across without having to get fucked in the ass by the courts lol.

7. lol I know in Florida I wouldn't get any trouble for killing a home intruder

8. Having a weapon to defend yourself is all good but america is pretty paranoid and they will use those weapons for the least threat they feel.

The confidence of having a weapon is good but what about when feeling paranoid,suicidal or angry? then what....

I'm so down with the US gun ban.

9. And if the intruder is armed with a pistol? All of a sudden a knife and rubber bullets doesn't sound like such a good idea, does it?

10. Pssst- then you are just BLINDLY misinformed.

Rubber bullets are NOT called non-lethal.

They are proverbially reffered to as LESS-lethal- yet are classified EXACTLY the same as a firearm.

If you fire rubber bullets- you have just attempted murder/manslaughter depending on the situation.

UNLIKE a firearm- shooting someone with a rubber round will LIKELY have the effect of making them more aggressive.

If you are willing to shoot him- whether the bullet is rubber or lead- simply changes how effective it will be.

The courts see NO difference.

"I'm with rubber bullets and those other tiny metal balls.
    Live bullets are just fucked up. Death shouldn't be that easy, we should value the human life."

WHAT!?!?!- are you implying rubber bullets and knives are SAFER? Or are you saying the COURTS would favor the use of them- rather than a firearm?

(because both are purely false.)

11. i have a buddy who was approached by a armed guy in the middle of the night , my buddy shot him with a shotgun at close range in the kneecaps - yeah my buddy spent a little time ( couple weeks) in jail until they got it sorted out - he walked with no issues , the guy who invaded is still in jail

i'd worry about living first, then the legal system..

if it truely is self defense then theres nothing to worry about

12. Ah okay, thanks for the responses. Like I said JC, I have next to no experience with guns lol.

13. I remember I read somewhere that some guy broke into a house, and the homeowner pushed the intruder down the stairs and the guy broke a few bones or something. The homeowner had to pay for the guys medical bills.

14. Then don't get one.
    A Chinese crazy just killed and wounded over a dozen people...with a knife.
    An American crazy killed hundreds ...with fertilizer and diesel fuel.
    A gun makes an 80 year old granny the equal to any thug!
    We have a violence problem more than a gun problem.

15. xblunt-manx take a safety/training course to get that experience if you're truly considering purchasing a firearm for home defense.

16. You can buy beanbag/rubber shells for guns that fire live ammo. I'd load the first two shots as rubber/beanbag but then load the final rounds as live ones.

17. I wouldent use rubber bullets- ill shoot to kill, less chances of being sued

18. Disregard .acidtrip. .

Alot of people buy into the 'use a knife/rubber bullets' because its not as likely to kill- so the courts/ethics are on your side.

But that goes against logic- AND law.

Its the same problem with the people who advocate carrying tasers/pepper spray in 'no gun' zones . . .

If you use a taser/pepper spray/ rubber bullets (disregarding the FACT- that they are less effective.) You are under the EXACT same legal difficulties as you would have been if you used a gun/knife.

IN ADDITION- "I'm with rubber bullets and those other tiny metal balls.
    Live bullets are just fucked up. Death shouldn't be that easy, we should value the human life."

This is just a problem of being misinformed. Its actually WORSE- to suggest using rubber bullets/taser/pepper spray.

FIRSTLY- they ARE STILL LIKELY TO INJURE/KILL.

Secondly- ALL of your attempts to make it 'less lethal' actually CONTRADICT your arguement of self defense (if you were able to hit him in the stomach with a rubber bullet/taser- HOW could you have been in such a great threat that you NEEDED to?)

Finally- If you draw a weapon onto someone (regardless of why- or what the weapon is)- you need to have a sufficient threat- to justify the use of a weapon.

If that justification is THERE to draw your weapon to respond to the threat- using a rubber bullet/taser/pepper spray is less effective- and undermines your story of self defense.

19. Why?

Once again- the courts will prosecute a bean bag/rubber bullet fired as attempted murder/manslaughter.

Aside from being less effective- they are legally the exact same as firing anything else out of a gun.

20. Just get a .45

If someone is breaking into your house and when they realize that you are aware and they don't dip out, odds are they are carrying a weapon.

I'd rather be the man with the gun rather than the guy with a knife, taser etc.