Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Rub Hash

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BuddhistBrian, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Hey Blades!

are you familiar with the rub hash technique?
    the rub hash technique is collecting hash from weed by rubbing nugs in you hands.

has anyone ever done this? is it worth it/do you get a lot of it? how much weed is recommended to use?

2. I might just be really baked but that makes no sense man :eek:

3. I think you'll get the same results, maybe even better results, if you use a grinder with a keiph catch on the bottom.

4. ...seems to me like you would actually lose kief. The rubbing your fingers together method doesnt seem too valid to me. i wouldnt recommend it. i'd say Dr. Realgood has the best answer/suggestion for you.

5. It takes so long to make hand rubbed charas. I've only ever heard of using freshly cut buds and for that you need to use a ton of bud. It probably isn't worth it unless you have the patience to collect about a gram for every hour you rub and some plants that are living or freshly cut.

6. Yeah, And they do that in Afghanistan and India and shit where they have more bud than they know what to do with. Unless you have weed to waste, I'd just get a grinder.

7. I think you're thinking of finger hash, which is a more common phenomenon during the harvest phase of your grow :)

I end up with tons of smaller and larger balls of finger and scissor hash every few months, sometimes we smoke it, sometimes it's used in edibles, sometimes I put it on the table and immediately lose it.. that happens all the time (doh').
    It can make a nice test or example of how the weed you're harvesting is going to taste once dry, it's usually decently smokable within a day or so of rolling it off the scissors.. the longer you wait the better though :)

8. Yeah they use live plants when they make charas, and it's supposed to be some of the best hash on the planet. You gotta be a master to make it well, too much pressure will damage the trichome heads and make it oxidize quicker.

9. Youse gots to be doin it on live growing plants while dem buds be bein still sticky.if you dont be doin dat den da trichs be fallin off on the flloor and not stickin where u be wantin dem to stick and dat beez on yo hand.

10. What this guy said. Ive made finger hash many times while trimming. It just builds up on your fingers and scissors and you scrape it off when it gets too thick. I don't think it would be plausible to do this with the intention of making hash. Unless you had large quantities with nothing else to do with it. Grinder with a kief catch FTW.

11. ignoring the fact that the way you type makes you come off as a complete retard...

If you're having trouble with trichomes ticking to your hands, on non-living plants, then you probably don't have weed lol. Trichomes are sticky as fuck, none of them will end up on the floor, just all over your hands.