RSO CASE HISTORY STUDY #1

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Storm Crow, Jan 30, 2014.

1. #1 Storm Crow, Jan 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2014
    I have seen studies that mention RSO in passing, but this is the first I have seen with RSO as the subject!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24474921

Cannabis extract treatment for terminal acute lymphoblastic leukemia with a Philadelphia chromosome mutation.

Acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) is a cancer of the white blood cells and is typically well treated with combination chemotherapy, with a remission state after 5 years of 94% in children and 30-40% in adults. To establish how aggressive the disease is, further chromosome testing is required to determine whether the cancer is myeloblastic and involves neutrophils, eosinophils or basophils, or lymphoblastic involving B or T lymphocytes. This case study is on a 14-year-old patient diagnosed with a very aggressive form of ALL (positive for the Philadelphia chromosome mutation). A standard bone marrow transplant, aggressive chemotherapy and radiation therapy were revoked, with treatment being deemed a failure after 34 months. Without any other solutions provided by conventional approaches aside from palliation, the family administered cannabinoid extracts orally to the patient. Cannabinoid resin extract is used as an effective treatment for ALL with a positive Philadelphia chromosome mutation and indications of dose-dependent disease control. The clinical observation in this study revealed a rapid dose-dependent correlation.

Although case histories are the weakest type of study, this is ground-breaking! :yay:

Granny

2. My dad has CLL and SLL. I told him about this, he still hasn't made any effort.

3. #3 Galaxy420, Jan 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2014
    hopefully we do not see half ass results from studies that then debunk cannabis ( sound familiar??) . they need to start with the correct strain and go from there(How do they know what to use as a base strain, this is new territory?) .. hopefully more positive results will then follow. Here is holding out for a new world of Plant and Man getting along together bio like....

4. #4 ocsurfer, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2014
    Amazing...

Remember folks, this was published on a "dot-gov" website and references RSO explicitly.

Great news.

5. Fantastic :yay: this is exciting news

6. #6 ElectricJW, Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2014
    That is pretty awesome!