Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

rso and no appetite

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Bennya, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Hello...my 22yr old son has stage 4 colon cancer with liver mets. He's been to ill to continue chemo. We just recently started him on rso similar oil. It's not helping at all. It's been 5 days and still no pain relief and absolutely no appetite. He's currently hospitalized for dehydration and hasn't eaten in a week. Why is this oil not increasing his appetite?? Please help!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. @Bennya
    Not all RSO are the same. Source and method can made a huge difference in effects.
    Red or Green state and are you making it or buying it ?
    Stage 4 is very advanced and while cannabis can do many things we really like to get people stated when they are not so far advanced.
    Massive doses of high THC applied locally via suppositories should be the first line of attack and the second is oral dosing to the point he can stand. I mean so hammered he can't hardly walk or talk. That is the level of dose needed.
    If you are in a legal state consult with his doctors before dosing. If you're in a red state I really hesitate to advise at all.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  3. My husband made the rso. I would've started him way earlier, but we just found out about the oil. The chemo was working and his cancer went away last December and returned in June of this year. I'm not necessarily looking for a cure....just some more time and a little relief for him. I just don't understsnd why it isn't making him hungry??

4. I am sorry for your situation and I hope he finds some relief.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

5. @Bennya
    Strain, Personal results are not always what common knowledge would seem to suggest.
    I make RSO for a few of my wife's former co-workers so I think I know a bit of what I'm talking about.
    We've had the best results with decarbed high THC strains with Coconut oil and lecithin added to boost the bioavailability.
    Personally I get no appetite gain from my cannabis use either and never really have in years.
    The ravenous appetite weed we called munchy weed and I haven't seen or heard of a really good strain that causes that now. Seems like it got breed out along the way.
    I'll cover my RSO steps and you can see where it's the same or different then your methods.
    Decarb weed to activate changing the THCA to THC (240 F for 40 minutes)
    Freeze weed and 190 proof food grade Alcohol ( Everclear 151-190 is the solvent of choice as any remaining traces won't cause issues
    Combine and shake 15 seconds, Squeeze out remaining alcohol with potato ricer.
    Reduce to tar with high speed fan.
    Add equal amount of Coconut oil and 1/6th lecithin by volume. Mild heat 220 F for 20 minutes and it's done.
    Capsules make the best way to administer the stuff as it is really nasty-bitter on the tongue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As strong as this stuff is start very small with just a drop or 2 in a cap until you know how it hits and scale up as fast as he can stand it.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  6. Your results may vary but in my case it gave my wife former co worker 2 more years of high quality life and quite literally brought her back from the edge of death with the initial dosing. Hell the woman hadn't left the house in 2 years and after a month on the oil felt well enough to go to Disneyland with her family and grandkids.
    This is after the medical industry said go home and die we can't do any more for you with chemo.
    BNW

• Like Like x 3
  7. Can RSO dehydrate you..I don’t mean cotton mouth. I mean literally dehydrate you to the point you need IV fluids??

8. Wouldn't think so no. Never herd of that unless there is something else going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum