RRRAAAARRRRRGHRGHR! Guaranteed delivery date today Glassmandoll package didn't come!!

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by El Brossidente, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Paid $250au last Friday (would have been about $210, but the Aussie dollar went to shit in about 3 weeks, from 98 cents down to 82, so we lost like $50 in exchange!!!).

$45 (probably $55au - $60au) was for Express postage!

Here's a copy of the tracking sheet:

\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tLabel/Receipt Number: EG30 7462 601U S
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tGuaranteed Delivery Date: \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tJune 4, 2010 \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\tClass: Express Mail International®
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tStatus: Into Foreign Customs

\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tYour item is being processed by customs in AUSTRALIA. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later. \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t

Detailed Results:
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t[​IMG] \t [​IMG] \t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t \t[​IMG] \t\t Into Foreign Customs, June 01, 2010, 3:27 pm, AUSTRALIA \t\t \t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t \t[​IMG] \t\t Arrived Abroad, June 01, 2010, 3:27 pm, AUSTRALIA \t\t \t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t \t[​IMG] \t\t International Dispatch, May 29, 2010, 6:35 pm, ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS) \t\t \t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t \t[​IMG] \t\t Arrival \t\t \t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t \t[​IMG] \t\t Processed through Sort Facility, May 28, 2010, 6:01 pm, SAN DIEGO, CA 92137 \t\t \t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t \t[​IMG] \t\t Acceptance, May 28, 2010, 3:48 pm, SAN DIEGO, CA 92129

It's now 6:11pm. I thought I'd get home from work to a package!!!! FAAAARK!

I'd much rather $250 in my pocket right now than Australian customs holding my express post package to go "Oh hey, it's a bunch of legal glass, cool, send it on!".

I had a package from GC checked by customs, had Weedstar written on everything, it came 5 weeks later. Meanwhile, a Weedstar baby bitch came in a seperate registered post package in 10 days!!!!

Wtf! Wish they'd leave my packages the fuck alone!

If anyone saw it in Glassmandoll's shop, it was the 2 shower head stems, 4 stokers, 12 glass screeens, 3 bowls 2 push 1 disc diffused, 5 arm ash catcher, 18.8 sherlock arm and 2 18.8>14.5 reducers package. Went halves with a friend. Was going to spend this weekend mixing and matching parts!!!!!! RRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGHR!!!

2. This is why I dont pay for express postage, because most of the time the money is better to be saved.

3. #3 zxzDarkCloudzxz, Jun 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2010
    lol! the worst!
    at leat it wasnt a day you took off of work for,, ya know? then ud really be losing money

tomorrows another day tho brahhhh

4. So you make 2 threads about this because it did not come on the exact day it said it should? If you really have that much of a problem with waiting an extra day or two you should not be ordering online at all.

Things happen, and sometimes your package may be delayed. This world is not run by perfect robots who always get everything done on time and exactly right. The people who handle your package are just like you, and unless your god himself you make little mistakes too. If you cant handle that, then like i said stick to local headshops and dont deal with online orders.

Making 2 threads about this is not going help whatsoever, and to be honest when i first read the title of the thread and thought it was a glassmandoll bashing thread about how he didnt deliver his package. Thus putting the thought in my mind that he isnt as good as people say.

Next time before you decide to make 2 pointless threads like this on GC, take a deep breath and think about what you are doing. Instead of making these dumb threads maybe you could of called the place thats holding your package? or even going to get it yourself if your in that much of a rush.

5. they should give you some money back if the package didnt come on the "guaranteed" date. thats kinda bull.

6. I sure hope you get everything and in new, working condition man. There are no guarantees when dealing with customs.

You do start a lot of threads though man... you and spikeystud88.

7. truth. ordering glass online is a gamble, but IMO it's worth it.

sinse, you changed your sig!

8. Yeah.. I've been hearing more of some sentiment that I don't like. That's usually what drives my sig... stuff that's been irking me.

9. So basically you wrote like 5 paragraphs about him doing what you think is wrong? How is that any different? It's not. Don't pose in the thread if you don't like it. Next time you feel the need to bash on someone just like I'm doing to you for no absolute reason, don't. I won't do it to you if you don't to others. That makes sense right? You're doing the same thing that he is doing, just like I am doing the same thing by commenting negatively your thread. Point is, we all walk away feeling the same way we did before doing it. So don't.

10. lol...:laughing:

Nice.

11. Thats why you dont order shit from another country GC should get get a store in US it would be so much easier. i ordered from gc and it took for fucking ever to get here and if your really that impatitent you should have just gone to a head shop and got something.

12. It was a GUARANTEED delivery date. Its the date, and its not here. Of course he is mad.

Is that hard for you to understand? You could have easily skipped over it if you had that big of a problem with him making threads.

13. Just get in touch with the blower and have him file a claim with the postal service. They will give him a refund and he could either credit it back to you or give you glass. But heads up here. Just because it says it will be there on that date might only mean in your country as the do not run customs.

Once someone hands over a package to the postal service it is out of their hand. Just be aware of that. As for others bashing you about this, I dont think they took the time to read the whole post or didnt understand what you where saying. But if this was to happen to them they would be acting the same way.

You paid for the extra cost of shipping and it didnt make it. Never go this way, Best way to go is priority or first class. Gets overseas as fast and cost less.

14. #14 419GottaMin?, Jun 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2010
    Is it that hard for you to understand that not everything in life is "GUARANTEED"? I was simply stating that things DO come up when dealing with a postal service. Something may say "GUARANTEED" but a truck could have crashed, or a machine could have broken that took away that guarantee. IF you cant be patient and feel you have to create a thread about this because magically the package will appear if you do so. Then by all means you should be sticking to local head shops and not ordering online.

And plus on top of it, glassmandoll is shipping it all the way from california to australia. Last time i checked, thats not the easiest route they have. Your package has to go through customs and probably a whole bunch of other checks. Compared to the state to state shipping.

Or maybe thats a little hard for YOU to understand?

15. I am sorry, but you do not know what you are talking about here. The postal service does GUARANTEE the package to be there on that date or it is free shipping. That is why is cost so much. Also, this is the only way the sender can track the package to make sure it arrives. And if someone is using paypal to pay, The seller needs to be able to prove that the package was sent and received.

Even if this package was held up by customs for a day or day pass that date the sender can still file a clain and get a refund right at the post office. I have done this many times before.
    And if the truck broke down it doesnt matter, you still get a refund.

16. #16 419GottaMin?, Jun 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2010
    Ok so lets break this down here how im wrong somehow?

I simply stated that a Guaranteed package does not always arrive there on time

The OP made a thread about this saying that his "Guaranteed Date" package he ordered did not arrive on the said time

And then i stated that if you have a problem with waiting an extra day or two because something happened with the package then you should stick to local headshops because sometimes THINGS DO HAPPEN

I didnt say he wont get his package, i didnt say he wont get a refund for the express delivery and i even went out of my way to say in my first post that INSTEAD of making this thread maybe he should call the postal company about his package.

On top of it, even if the package he ordered didnt arrive today and arrives tomorrow he gets free shipping(so you say). So what is the big deal with that?

So how in any way do i "not know what im talking about." Please explain?

17. damn yo everyone needs to relax!! ..shit!

18. I've just woken up and started to scroll the replies. But before I go further, saw a couple of "Only need 1 thread!". Made it before I went to bed. it didn't post, I hit 'refresh'. So obviously it posted twice. TECHNICAL error. Of course I know it doesn't require 2 identical threads.

19. Jesus christ dude, go fuck yourself. It was a technical error.

I am complaining about the postal service, not the fact that Angelica gave me updates about how she posted it first thing in the morning with express shipping.

The attitude of this place!!!

the Glassmandoll in the title was the emphasize the dissapointment of it not coming!!!

Fuck, who wants to wake up to this?? I'll read the rest of this thread later.

20. As far as Guaranteed, that's the only reason I'm upset, and if it's anyone's 'fault', it's Australian customs, who like I said, have inspected ONE package out of about maybe 7 or so order I've gotten from GC and EDIT etc. It came through 5 weeks later.

There are some different terms and services stuff that sounds like Guaranteed delivery may be covered by a refund in Australia. It needs to be covered by an extra coverance code thing, but I can;t work out by the wording if it's something that needs to be paid extra for, or if it is covered automatically for the few (10 or so) countries being listed, Australia being one.

Another theory is it meant June 4th in the states, which would make it Saturday here, which would make it a Monday delivery.

Legitdankz, nice first post in this thread. You're completely right. 419GottaMin? spent some well invested time writing 3 parargraphs chastising me about a FUCKING TECHNICAL ERROR.