RQS Amnesia Haze auto, Mephisito Sour Hound auto DR. Earth soil and some boogie brew

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by DankDad, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Hey what's up everybody this is my first grow of anything ever(that I can remember). I hope y'all follow along and help out along the way and just hang out. I've been reading for a few months and I feel like I have a good handle on this, but I have the feeling I'm going to have something else coming.

Here's the facts:
    1. 4x4x7 grow tent (I can't remember the brand off the top of my head at the moment).
    2. Vipar Spectra 600 watt full spectrum LED.
    3. 2x 5 gallon DWC bubbleponic kits (top fed).
    4. Seeds: Breeder Seedsman 1x White Widow Auto (germenated about 24 hours ago) 1x Kush auto (germenated about 48 hrs ago) Both were single seeds with popped first go using the paper towel method.
    5. Nutrients: General Hydroponic Flora Nutrient Trio, PH Up, PH down, Botanicare Hyrdogaurd.

The variable:
    1. Temperature 75° F
    2. Humidity 50%
    3. PH 6.1
    4. Water temp....?
    5. ppm....?
    Everything with the setup was relatively easy, just time consuming when done solo. I'm pretty excited but I think equally overwhelmed. I think the air pump and air stone that came in the kits will work for this and a maybe a few more grows but not for the long haul. I still need to get some oscillating fans and an outlet timer. Anyways I hope y'all follow along in my journey with me.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. I'll take a seat and watch if you don't mind. You look like you are off to a good start.

Secret room

• Like Like x 1
  3. Absolutely bro please do and if you know anything through experience by all means I'm open to suggestions.

• Like Like x 1
  4. You could probably fit at least 2 more plants in there, no? You would probably need to invest in another light tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yeah I was just telling my wife that in a future grow I'd like to do the SOG technique, but I definitely agree on the light. It's actual power draw is 276 watts so at .5g per watt that would put me at about 5 oz per if things went well(if I were doing photoperiod). Im just hoping to get atleast 3 oz from this, but more would definitely be welcome.

6. I have no clue how dwc works but I'm subbed. Interested in seeing your process and yield. SOG is what I'm going to be doing starting my grow within a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nice, I'll follow along. Did you order your seeds, have bag seeds or clone(s)?

8. Hey what's up everyone just an update and a question.

Temperature 79°F
    Humidity 47%
    PH ...? My back is killing me, going to the chiropractor soon so I'll check the PH in a bit
    ppm...? I'll be ordering a TDS meter tomorrow that will also tell me water temp. Does anyone have a link to some info on ppm per stage of plant life that looks legit not just some opinion piece.

The kush auto's shell is about to pop out above the rapid rooter it seems to be off to a really strong start. The white widow I'm wondering about, when it germenated it did so in a U shape. When I put it in the rapid rooter I put it so the point of the tap root was down. Will it reorientate it's self? I'm hoping I get some strong veg growth out of the kush, bc the breeder says it generally grows to around 60cm or about 2'. Maybe the white widow is just a slow starter, but then again it's only 2 days from popping where as the kush is day 3.

Alright friends, hope everyone has a great day:icgreen:

9. As far as ppm my base water is 120 on the .7 scale. I add calmag to about 200. After that I start vegging around 400 and finish around 800. Flower I get up to 1100 maybe but I watch the tips for burning and dial back if I see it.

Secret room

10. Awesome, thanks Phil!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Do youh know about the root orientation?

12. Looks good man I'll setup for the duration

• Like Like x 1
  13. Well not too much new going on they're prairie doggin, out of the rapid rooters. I guess that's good, that almost a half inch of growth since yesterday. I'm hoping to see some leafs tomorrow.

Attached Files:

14. 20170817_161615.jpg Well, finally have the first set of leaves. I kinda helped the hull get out of the way. It amazes me how fast these plants grow, it probably grew about an inch and a half to two inches since yesterday morning. Here are some new pics, nothing too exciting to look at, but for me it's exciting.

Attached Files:

15. No, what do you mean?

Secret room

16. I got it figured out:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  17. So decided to check the little seedlings and the leaves we kinda pale and down-turned. I checked the PH and somehow one jumped up to 7.7 and the other 7.4. Glad I checked and I hope they bounce back. How long should you let nutrient water sit before checking PH? Appreciate the help!

18. Does this look right, or are they struggling? The first set of real leaves are coming in.

Attached Files:

19. Ill sub up . hope all goes well. I just started mine a couple days ago.[​IMG]

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  20. I can't see any of your pics or I would chime in. They won't load for some reason

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalk