RPGs!!!!

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Captainbasch420, Sep 22, 2011.

1. any RPG fans in here?

i LOVE rpgs.
    i used to be into mostly turn based and action rpgs, but im starting to get more into old school rpg games like elder scrolls, and i even want to give D&D a shot.

RPG FANS UNITE!

2. only one i played was runescape

3. I fucking love RPG's. I grew up on Diablo I & II, then eventually graduated to Guild Wars and Elder Scrolls and stuff like that.

Only RPG's I don't like are JRPG's, so I never got into FF.

4. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93LFz_j5fQA]DARK SOULS : Bartholomew Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

this and skyrim are all i need.

5. i honestly started playing rpgs too late in my life, the first one i played was final fantasy 4 advance on the gba, when i was like, 13 or 14, and ever since, ive loved rpgs. lol.

ive never really played many pc rpgs(since i never really had a pc until several years ago.), so i havent seen the full world of rpgs. i cant currently due to a poor graphics card, but as soon as i get a job, im saving up for a gaming pc and then im gonna play literally every rpg i can get my hands on. lol.

right now im playing elder scrolls 2: daggerfall, with DOSBox, and i love it. lol.

ive also been playing nearly every good rpg game they have for iphone/ipod touch.
    theyve got this one called "the quest", its like early elder scrolls. its got like 13 expansions. sp im hoping to be busy with it for a looooooong time. lol

6. man, that looks freaking awesome!
    that and skyrim are definately on my list of games to play in the future.

7. you poor.. unfortunate.. soul... =[

8. I'm a pretty big fan.

My favorites are FF8 (favorite game of all time, actually) followed by FF Tactics. It's a shame that the newer FF games have went downhill so damn hard. I'm really looking forward to Skyrim.. And I'm actually considering playing through Fallout 3/NV again

I've got just about all the GBA RPGs on my phone haha. Golden Sun was fucking awesome. In my opinion the PS1 takes it as best system for RPGs though. It even beats the classic SNES

Also just got into some MMORPG called Ragnarok. It reminds me of Diablo 2 a little bit but it's also quite different. I'd suggest checking it out though. Here's a video if you're unfamiliar:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtvDhhj4naM]Ragnarok Online Gameplay Footage - YouTube[/ame]

The interface has changed a little since when this was made though, don't feel like finding a better video >.>'. Dofus is also a really good MMORPG if you liked FF Tactics

9. also an rpg lover. I've played hundreds and hundreds of them from back when i was in elementary school to now haha.

with my favorite game; crono trigger, I could literally walk someone through the whole game just off the top of my head down to the weaknesses/strats to defeat pretty much every enemy/boss, the layout of every dungeon, and the location and contents of probably 80% (100% of the rly important) chests you find in those dungeons I've beaten it so many times.

some other favorites of mine (or at least that stand out in my rpg memory) are FF tactics, FF6, Earthbound, Secret of mana, Star Ocean: Second Story, Xenogears, Tales of destiny, Radiata stories, Saga frontier, Lunar: SSSC/EB, suikoden 2, Lufia 2, vagrant story....

there are others but those immediately pop into my head whenever I think about rpgs

10. Chrono Trigger was pretty good. My only problem with it was that it felt a little slow paced in terms of story progression =\. I don't mind long games at all or anything, it's just that CC seemed to have a lot of "filler" moments or something. Great game all the same though

11. did you mean chrono trigger or chrono cross?

12. @OP, you don't need a high end PC to play Diablo. I used to play it on an old mac, and when I say old I mean old. Check it out if you haven''t, my favourite RPG to date.

13. Shit, I confuse the two >.<'. My bad about that. I'm referring to the one that was on the SNES (I think) that they remade for PS1 and bundled with some early FF game. The one that opens up where you're at a fair with the soda drinking contest and whatnot

14. Final Fantasy 1 on NES was my first RPG when i was 4.