Rpg

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Ichego, Jun 19, 2011.

1. ok i am high and right now i feel like playing a rpg like the last remnant, FFX, FF12, 13, star ocean the last hope and a few more that i cant think of. But need a new rpg to play so what a good rpg to buy? mainly for 360

2. mass effect 1 & 2, fallout new vegas, dragon age origins and dragon age 2, witcher2 is kinda fun

3. Witcher 2

or wait for skyrim.

4. u got PS3? if u like the JRPG format then PS3 is the way to go. theres the Persona series which is rly great. Radiata stories (plus the sequel on the PSP), Valkyria Chroniclas (plus the sequel on PSP)

as for 360, if you have ht eones that you and the other posters have mentioned and lost Odyssey you pretty much have all the good 360 rpgs

5. Dragon age my friend......

6. Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia, or Eternal Sonata. Highly reccomend all three.

7. Ressonance of fate is highly reviewed but absolutely terrible so avoid!

If you can deal with the ever glorious voice acting then go for star ocean (other than that it isn't bad).

Lost Odyssey is the game ff13 should have been, highly recommended.

If you can deal with the cutesy jrpg style check out tales of vesperia and eternal sonata.
    Dragon age origins is an amazing game from rpg legends bioware, self titled "spiritual successor to baldur's gate" (it isn't, but you can see the similarities). Lots of side quests, engaging story and the right sense of epicness.

Dragon age 2 - awful, stay in the one place and the combat and game have been idiot proofed for the larger gaming community.

Mass effect - good game, good story, exploring planet's can get a little bit dull sometimes in that buggy (especially when it gets stuck) but definatley worth playing for all the dialogue and character devlopment options.

mass effect 2 - a gears of war choose your own story adventure. Don't bother playing it, the put all the effort into combat which was mass effect's weakest point anyway. Not a good game

Fallout 3 - A good game with a decent story, traversing the wasteland can get dull at times though.

New Vegas - fixes everything that was wrong with fallout 3 and adds a lot more to do and a lot more interesting places and people.

Oblivion - one of the biggest games i've ever played, huge, epic and with an epic amount of side quests (which are arguably better than the main plot). Oblivion planes get boring eventually though and you'll find yourself running past everything to get to the end.

ff13 - takes everything you loved about final fantasy and throws it away., Straight path and unengaging story. When people used to criticize FF by saying "you just sit there and press buttons on a menu, there's no thought or tactics"? Well that's what it's turned into.

8. Saints Row 2. Trust me. And also SR3 is coming out very soon. Not a typical rpg but still technically an rpg in a lot of ways

9. No offence man but it's annoying when people do this.
    It might have RPG elements but it's still obviously not what the dude is looking for. You could say any game where you play a role is an RPG.
    Good game though.:smoke:
    Eternal Sonata's a good one, albeit a bit on the short side.

10. If you like those games I would also suggest Lost Odyssey.

11. mass effect 3 will be out in like a month

12. lolno

13. It's coming out next year dude.