Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Royksopp's mango & weed experiment (Updated w/ mine & other ppls results)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Royksopp, Aug 9, 2010.

1. #81 Foxie, Aug 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2010
    While you guys dont post resources, ill post mine

Get Higher with Mangoes - A good way to increase the potency of

Who ever said that it would work better with dank, your completely wrong. Your starting out with a high level of mycrene, so the high levels in mango would not be felt as much as if you started with a low amount.

If you had a million dollars, then added 500,000 it wouldnt be a big deal, but if you started out with 1 dollar and added 500,000 it would

2. Foxie, I'd love to see the link to a legit source that actually says myrcene helps thc cross the bloodbrain barrier. Cannabis contains higher or lower amounts of myrcene depending on the quality and strain. Myrcene itself is an analgesic, which adds onto your high, or enhances it. That is why when you smoke and take different kinds of analgesics you feel higher, because they all enhance the high. By eating a mango you take in myrcene, then by smoking you are inhaling another analgesic, which is why weed makes you high in the first place. Analgesic + analgesic = higher then just analgesic, get it?

The mango is definitely a placebo, because the small amount of myrcene you take in from it is not enough to be a noticable analgesic - maybe if you ate 10+. Why do you think people that eat the mango before smoking feel higher, but those who eat it after smoking don't? Because you weren't high to begin with, so when you smoke you subconciously think you are higher.

3. Okay you mention a placebo but I believe it was your post that mentioned that first in this thread and I read it before I tried it and thought to myself "shit, what if this dude is right?" wouldn't it not have worked if it were indeed a placebo? Because I was beginning to have my doubts when I started reading the replies in this thread at first...but after I smoked...I FELT higher. I was. Explain that to me. In order for a placebo to work I would need to believe it truly works...and I did this experiment to find out if it did or didn't....not thinking it would....maybe at first but again after reading some posts I started having doubts but those doubts were out the window once I felt how high I really was.

4. Honestly, who cares if eating it before or after makes you higher?

Mangos are fucking delicious, end of story.

5. First of all they have to be consumed before, and secondly Anyone who is trying to stretch out their bud or going to the next level with what they have obviously cares. I wholeheartedly agree with you on them being delicious, I grew up in the Caribbean with a tree in my yard and 2 in my neighbor's so trust me, I know. ;)

6. I didn't mention it first. Placebos are based in your subconcious. When you were begining the experiment, you were trying to see if it would make you higher. You thought it would work. Like you said, you didn't start to have doubts until you started reading replys. That means that you DID believe it would work. You can't start to have doubts unless you believed it. If you start to have doubts, that means subconciously you really did believe it would work. Even if you conciously started having doubts, your subconcious still believes it will work, which is why it did even though you had doubts.

7. People have posted some very good information on the science behind this, but I think it's important to point out that with just about anything related to these kinds of tests and what effects they have, it's all considered an "experiment", as Royk appropriately labeled here.

There's no point in trying to rip apart someones "perceptions" of being high vs. actually being high/higher or anything like that, because we're all different, and it likely will effect each of us differently.

Sure, there's something to be said for the science behind it, but science doesn't go anywhere without experimentation.

I say experiment away... :smoke::smoke::smoke:

8. This^^

I got high as fuck...I had my doubts and they were put to rest last night at 2:26am when I was thinking about the most randomest ideas ever! That never happens to me when high anymore. And yes I did believe it would work at first...AT FIRST. I started having my doubts right before I toked. I wasn't sure if it was going to work...but I said "fuck it" and smoked anyways. It worked for me, it has worked for others. The chemical is in the mangos...I don't see why some of you are making this so complicated. I mean, I know we're trying to see both sides of the argument here but I am not the only one who has had a successful experiment :smoke: try it out guys! You don't have much to lose, really.

9. You're going way too deep into this man haha

10. I was just checking out this thread like an hour ago and just a few minutes ago my neighbor brought me over the biggest mango I've ever seen, out of the blue. So, I'm going to give this a shot, hopefully I can replicate your results.

Got some Crip..

some honey hash..

and this big fucker!
    [​IMG]

Wish me luck!

11. You will be blazed for a long time, that looks super ripe too.

12. #92 Royksopp, Aug 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2010
    Heyy!! Good luck dude! Let us know how it goes. Eat the whole thing (I know, it's a lot). Wait like 45 minutes and make sure you didn't eat something before the mango. For me the only thing in my stomach was the mango and some water.

Cripp (cripp=dank....it's South Florida slang) + honey hash...holy shit. I think this kid is gonna be high for hours on end :D

13. #93 Tyke, Aug 9, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2010

Make sure you don't smoke until about an hour after you eat it. Good luck.

EDIT - Miss R beat me to it :)

14. Well, it's a good thing I decided to wait on making some food! I haven't had anything since before noon, so I think I'll be good.

Just finished the whole thing, and damn that was a lot of mango. I'm gonna smoke a big bowl topped with hash in about 30 minutes. I've been smoking tons of this hash for the past week or so, so I think I'll definitely be able to tell if there's a difference in my high.

I'll update in a little bit:D

15. If this works for most people, are we gonna start calling them mad-gones? :D

16. yeah man, I waited an hour before I smoked after I ate the mango my first two times and I was GONEEEEEEEE.

The third time, had a mango, waited 15 mins, then ate a firecracker. [since they both have to digest]

within an two hours I was soaring like never before... maybe the highest I've been bcuz I also smoked a bit.

17. this sums it up whether it works or not so quit hating on the thread, fruit is not only good but good for you :yummy:

i'm for sure picking up a mango tomorrow and trying this out.

18. Well I was making this post to mock you on your lies, but when I got done with it I realized I missed a few word which made me think you lied.

I read the bottom part and skipped out the underlined part, this is when I made this post.

I made it because I thought you said you went to sleep at 2:26am in the second quote and in the other that you were awake at 4:00am, so I thought I caught you in a lie.

Well thanks for posting this, but I don't like mangos :/ I know right. I might have to make me a mango shake and drink it down real fast or something, because this was a great thread with greater results and I really wanna try this. :wave::hello::smoke:

And Nameunknown that posted a picture of his mango, don't forget to post back the results, I'll be waiting :)

19. Ex-fucking-actly.

Roks, thanks for doing this and finally proving it works...+rep!

To everyone hating -there's really no point in arguing since we're not her, and we dont know what she felt. Try it for yourself it you doubt it - if it doesn't work, never do it again. If it does work, do it all the time.

It's not the end of the world, I promise.

Thanks again roks!

20. Sorry everybody, its placebo.