Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Royksopp's mango & weed experiment (Updated w/ mine & other ppls results)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Royksopp, Aug 9, 2010.

1. how many does it take then? I'd assume they shut down every session, depending on how much you smoke. Your 'tolerance' to weed is based on these receptors, and how much they allow in. The more often you smoke, the more they build up this tolerance, which takes a long time to go away. The higher your tolerance, the less THC that can enter them before they go offline. That is why when you have a high tolerance you only get that certain 'highness' before you can't get any higher.

2. I've found this to work, but only when i eat excessive amounts of mangos, especially if they're really ripe.

I went to the beach once and ate 10 mangos at a mango fest and i smoked one joint and i was gone for 5 hours.

3. this is the science. VVVVVVVV

Like i said. The myrcene just helps the cannabinoids to reach the receptors faster, maybe even go through them faster. But all that does is make them shut off quicker. So you might feel 'higher' but its only cause the high came on faster then normal.

4. it worked very well for me. I ate a whole mango and then smoked like 3 hours later.

5. how you feelin?

6. I've yet to try this myself. Myrcene is one of many terpenes that may be present in cannabis depending upon strain and pheno.

According to Sam the Skunk Man (respect) terpenes play a large role in the high. Myrcene is only one of many.

7. Haha I like how everyone is arguing over the science of this shit.
    Learning and entertainment all at once.
    Males me wish I had ate a mango bout an hour ago haha

I am High

8. Alright I just finished smoking. I'm pretty fucking retarded higfh right now. I'm just thinking about the randomest shit....just because. Seriously haha but good shit it does work :smoking:

9. If it works for you, i'll most def try it.

Best of wishes, get BAKED

10. Damn really? No odd effects? like a sketchy high or a dizzyness?

11. Nooo maaan just really fucking stoned hahaha :smoking: listening to dubsteppppp

12. Nice to hear it went well. :hello:

13. ^5..........You deserve a nice high lady:wave::D:smoke::smoke:

14. Damn man you should kick back and chill and sleep your ass off XD. peace

15. all i can say is that whenever i eat dark chocolate and mangoes about 30 minutes before smoking, i get really, really high.

16. Shit I'm tryna get retarded stupid high tommorow haha

I fuckin love mangos so it should be good.

This is gonna be a fun session trick.

Rep+

I am High

17. i agreeee:cool: i love this thread and im loving the results! i gotta try this

18. Yea sweet dreams or trippy dreams. I know mine always are especially them being extremely lucid. :hippie:

19. well actually it is not that it reaches the receptors faster, but in fact it just aids the thc cross the blood-brain barrier more efficiently.
    plus, getting high quicker doesnt mean getting higher.
    but anyway, you can eat it to lenghten your high too.

shit, mangoes for the munchies sounds like the perfect solution.

20. After attempting to research just exactly how myrcene gets you higher, and coming up empty, I found that myrcene is a part of MJ altogether. myrcene itself is an analgesic which is why you may feel higher, but it doesn't help the weed make you higher. They don't go tag team on your shit and rape your brain. IN high quality cannabis, myrcene is found. In lower quality, it is not. When you ingest Myrcene while smoking a bud that either lacks it or has low amounts of it, it will naturally increase the level, and give you the feeling of being 'higher'.

Different strains have different tepernes, and if you smoke a strain that has a different teperne then myrcene, by eating a mango, you will add on to your high, but not due to the receptors...