Royal dwarf autoflower cfl first grow please help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Aut0GRow3RUK, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Turns out it was cos I raised my light they started to turn I've now lowered it. And yeah I've deffo learnt a lot by my first grow.
    And nice strocat those buds look lovely she seems to be growing along fine i bet you cant wait to smoke her

2. and thanks floodmayhem your girls are huge way to big for my grow space they look a good couple of feet high. It's nice to see they haven't given you anymore problems.

3. Some frosty nugs you got there!! Plant looks healthy as can be! Quick couple questions,
    That a galaxyhydro led ufo? If so Im glad i ordered that brand! Results look great on your babe.
    And finally, did you do any lst? I heard you cant top autos or clones, but im wondering if other forms of LST will work with them.
    Keep up the excellent growing!

4. Haha yeah theyre about 5 and a half feet now, any taller and i'll have to bend some branches, as a last resort of course. Im definitely going with some seed bank strains so i know what im growing next time lol.

5. no its not a galaxy hydro led its actually an ocean revive 180 watt led from amazon... 79.99$ shipped to your door. and I got nugs like that with the led and 2 23 watt cfls thats it! I was shocked but it worked... ive heard good things about the galaxy hydro lights though.. thanks this was my first ever grow and no she isnt perfect i had some deficncies which hurt yield im sure but oh well, not too shabby for i first grow i do believe.

6. Well they turned out great anyways! My two babes are fighting deficiencies right now too, they're both tall ass slow flowering sativas just now ending preflower and stretch so I believe it won't hurt anything to flush them one last time before flower phase. I believe its either a combination of or just a calcium or mag deficiency or a pH problem. Gotta do a soil pH and runoff check later when lights come on.

7. if you are currently growing with led lights u will need some cal mag for sure or an epsom salt/egg shell/vinegar homemade cal mag type thing.. I dont know the exact recipe though but u save egg shells and blend them with a food processor etc.

I never checked my ph 1 single time and that could have been my problem but the only thing I water with is rain water and I also hook an air pump up and run and air stone into 2 gallons of rain water for 6 hours before i water,, I know it prob doesnt do much but they had a $7 air pump at walmart and I couldnt pass that up.super oxygenated rain water atleast sounds cool :p.

You'll be all good brother.. 1 thing will be true deficiencies or not.. and that is... your gonna get some smoke and it will have crystals.. if you're lucky you'll get some decent smoke and if you get real lucky youll get incredible smoke.

wait till u start actually see what looks like bud instead of clusters of white hairs.. its really cool! and when they start to smell its awesome as well. mine smells like a skunk sprayed a pack of bubblegum.. I hope it taste like that.. I love the taste of real skunky funky weed

8. Funny you say that, i actually just realized that my plants are going through a ph problem right now lol, i thought it was just deficiencies, but the ph problem can cause deficiencies. So knowing this, i will test the soil ph tomorrow and flush accordingly. I think i have just enough time to where it wont affect my yields too much.

9. see my leaves?? this is the main top of the plant too.. my biggest best top nug.. but yah see the leaves??? thats something for sure.. its not spreading and I did find a couple fungus gnats during my grow.. I treated that early on with dyna gro neem oil but the main top leaves never went back to lush green.. that top bud still looks and smells delicious and its only the outer edges and tips with no crystal on them so ill be cutting those off when trimming anyways.

I just now (like 20 minutes ago) started my flushing process. gave her 2 gallons of aerated rain water.. I have super fast draining soil so I will be giving her 2 gallons of water every 2 days for 5-7 days... then it'll be time for her to come on down.

then lets hope i can dry and cure right!

If theres a couple things I've learned from my 1st grow its.... 1. when u see somethings wrong fix it fast ... 2. plant anything in atleast a 3 gallon container.. this 3.5 gallon I have is perfect for autos.. I drilled 20 extra holes and my soil perlite mix is 60/40.... and 3. start stupid light on nutes and work your way up.

I wish u the best on your grow... you seem to know whats up so im sure youll be all good. I really coulda used some cal-mag for this grow but I couldnt afford it. I had $300 to spend on everything.. thats lights,seeds,nutrients,soil,perlite I was able to get everything I needed for $220. My cheap chinese 180 watt led really impressed me. best 80$ I've ever spent.

Attached Files:

10. I see what ya mean on the leaves, Mine kind of look like that but they are more random throughout the plant, from what i have managed to learn is if you are careful on nutes and dont go heavy on them, its perfectly natural and common for leaves to use up all nutes towards end of flower, in your case it looks like its working its way tip-inward, where on my leaves they randomly splotch and yellow and brown then fall off. Luckily, these forums exist to help us growers out and learn! Im right there with ya on the budget as it is my first grow as well haha. I think i maybe invested 180 at first(cfls fans pots soil nutes) and then spent another 170 on leds(300w and 135w) If I can get my plants to look anywhere near as yummy as yours I will consider it a job well done!! I definitely plan on investing some more money into a decent sized tent and maybe in the future save up for a high end led system! By the way how do you like growing autos? the fem ratio pretty good on those and do they grow from seed to harvest pretty quickly?(depending on strain of course)

11. they go stupid fast unless u get a very sativa dominant strain... most of them done in 10 weeks.. 80 days seed to harvest is the shiiiiitttt!.

yeah my leaves could have been nute burn as well.. I went a little heavy with my first feeding of dyna gro bloom.

and brother if u have a 300 watt led and 135 watt and some cfl's you'll get nugs alot bigger and denser than mine.. just let her do her thing and dont over do it and she will reward you. I was afraid at 1st and thought growing would be super hard... to be honest its actaully quit easy.. im only speaking on autos and my 1st grow.. I got more auto seeds.. they're all I ordered.

What do u think I should do next?? my choices are.

Nirvana auto og kush (its og kush x northern lights auto)
    Big Buddah blue cheese automatic
    Short Stuff Himalayan Blue Diesel
    Cream of The Crop Narco Purps

Ohhhh and I do actually have 1 photo strain it was a freebie and its nirvana blue mystic.. Im saving that one for a while till i grow out all these autos. I only grow 1 at a time and thats all i'll ever do.

12. Ill let u know my final yield when all is dry.. to me it looks now after shrinkage I may get 1 oz. but who knows in these next 10 days it may fatten up a bit more...

I messed up because I had to transplant an autoflower (u never wanna do that IMO)

next time I will start and finish in this 3.5 gallon container. not a 1.3 gallon, it was just too small.

13. Nice seeds! I hear blue cheese is a higher yielding strain and is some super smoke for sure. I'm definitely going with some bank seeds this next go, was thinking about doing a batch of autos, these bag seed babes I have now took 12 weeks to mature then another 4 to actually start flowering lol. By the time flower came, they're 5 1/2 tall. Would definitely like to be harvesting right about now haha.

14. For sure getting a 5x5 tent next go for either scrog or just sog a couple autos. I like just using my walk-in closet as a space but using my lights in a tent would definitely be better by far.

15. So strocat you should be just about ready to harvest now i bet you can't wait your plants looked like it has a very nice yield on it :) :)

And I would deffo recommend a tent floodmayhem they work really well im happy with mine even though it's one of the smaller ones.

Here are my girls this morning 2 of them are flowering lovely now with white hairs every were there needing a feed almost everyday now the 3rd isn't far behind shes still only getting grow nutes on each feed till she grows a few more inches. I'm hoping for some nice nugs too :).

Attached Files:

16. With coco you should water at least 1x a day. That's what my research has shown me. Hence the reason I don't use 100% coco...

17. Im subbed though!!! As u know I got the same strain. I grow organic with teas and water. I have no idea about the nute stuff. It didn't work 4 this lazy farmer. Lol.

18. Yeah I'm watering each day now, I actually like coco I think it's rather simple to grow in well things seem to be going fine for me now also it drains of water fast and it takes rather well to my nute range.
    But yeah your girl looks great dosent look to far of being done too.

19. Hopefully no more than 3 more weeks. I'll get a malted barley tea soon. That should increase bud size noticeably overnight. I've seen it happen in other peoples grows. Fingers crossed.

20. what is that mate the malted barely tea ?? I've never heard of that before this is my first ever grow at all so I'm a complete beginner I could do with something that boost your plant bud size.