Royal Blunts wrap review + kingpin roller

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by drewzilla, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Let me start off by saying that I'm 100% a dutch guy. I usually don't roll with anything but a dutch, but lately I've been using a juicy jay's wrap every now and then when I'm already high cause lets face it, nobody wants to spend extra time rolling when you're couch locked.

my main grievance with wraps is that they usually burn too fast, burn uneven, are too moist, tear easily, and are usually over powering with flavor. juicy jay's wraps in particular are wayyy to over flavored. i decided to try a couple other brands so i bought a sample pack of wraps. it happen to come with a free rolling machine which i gave a shot, came out pretty decent actually.

[​IMG]

i strictly roll cannons, no peeners here. ground up some nice herb

[​IMG]

alright so anyways, on with the show. I rolled up a couple already today and had pretty bad luck, i think the first two were old because they were way shittier, stuck to the tube in the package, burned WAYYY to fast... this time I decided to grab a wet mango, i've heard people recommend it before so what the hell.

the first thing i noticed about the wrap is the size, holy hell! this thing is massive. royal blunts only includes 1 wrap, but this is easily the size of two rillos. i tore a lot of excess paper off this thing. i also noticed the smell; tobacco, not mango. this is a good sign to me, perhapse this thing isn't over flavored.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i got my roller ready, it looks pretty simple, basicaly a large cigg roller.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

packed the herb and rolled the machine ti make a log of herb

then leave it shut, and put your leaf in, roll it, lick, roll more

[​IMG]

annnnd voila

[​IMG]

whoa shit, that wrap was too short for this roller! oh well, i just packed the extra back in.

not a bad job, it's very tight and perfectly shaped.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

it lit well and is burning at a decent pace(a bit fast, but hey it's a wrap.) the burn has been very even and it's not easily going out. i'm very impressed witht he flavor, i'm tasting herb, a little tobacco, and a hint of mango. i'm very happy that it isn't over powered, overall i give this wrap a 7/10 and the roller a 6/10

2. I really REALLY want that roller. Nice stuff man!

3. hah

it is pretty nifty.

ps; as for the burn, it lasted just about 30 minutes. just put the roach down

4. man, i hope you can roll without that roller, i have way more fun doing it by hand, but to each there own.

if your looking to try new raps, look for one called kush.....all the wrap has on it is kush in big letters on the front.

they are always super fresh, but not super moist, the taste is there, but not over powering, and the size is great.

hands down i say kush wraps are the best wraps you can get, try them out man

5. I've never used a roller before, it came free with the wraps. I love rolling, in fact it's almost ritual for me haha.. i gotta break out my lap desk, garbage jar, grinder and nug, a card, lighter and dutch. I will sit back and take my time, never rush (although I roll pretty quick anyway) and honestly come out with a perfect (to me) blunt 99% of the time (yano sometimes you just get that fuckin stale, double wrapped, thick ass vein, cracked down the center POS) but when I'm high (usually off an indica) i just feel like relaxing, so i've recently started rolling a blunt with a wrap every now and then.

i forgot what i'm even saying, the herb got me all twisted haha.

6. haha yeah i know what you mean.

thats one of the biggest party fouls, and insults in my books, is when people rush you are are like "shit is that blunt done yet"

its like, fuck man im making this shit perfect, its an art and you cant rush art.

but yeah man, try the kush wraps, i promise you wont be disappointed

7. alright man i'll definitely get one. i tried a purple haze one earlier, it was alright. i think it was old (was stuck to the tube) but the taste was decent.

I got a recommendation for you too, juicy jay's trip. it's a pink wrapper, i enjoy them every now and then (before today it was the only wrap i used)

8. aight ill check that shit out.

yeah i used purple haze before, it didnt stick to the tube but it was suuuuuuuper dry, i wouldnt get another one lol.

9. Dude...your sig had me thinking there was a bug on my screen so bad hahahaha!

10. haha
    cant say your the first to say that

11. that's how mine was, dried out stuck to the stick

12. Nice shit dude, although I do despise rollers.. I consider rolling pretty important.

13. Well I tossed out the roller, it was a neat little toy but hand rolling is were it's at.

After rolling a few by hand today I got to thinking about back in the day when I used wraps all the time, and I remembered my favorite thing; wraps seal up very hard. it's easy to curve a mouthpiece at the end to make sure you don't suck any herb thru.

Anyways, after sampling more flavors here's a few more little reviews;

chocolate - it's alright, a nice chocolate taste but a bit overpowering. i don't like my herb being covered up, a compliment is okay but shit man, i'm not looking to hide the herb. i give chocolate a 7/10, okay taste, a bit overpowering.

jamaican rum - well, if i ever travel to jamaica i will be staying the hell away from the rum, this thing taste like doodoo 3/10

blueberry - a classic. a bit overpowering but a welcome taste, my favorite so far 8/10

strawberry - like blueberry, a welcome classic taste. mine was a little old and stuck to the tube, but it was still alright 7/10

[​IMG]

i had a couple others but i'd have to check the wrappers before commenting. now to change it up i've twisted a nilla dutch, the best cigar today hands down

14. nice man, +rep for losing the roller for sure!

15. Drew, have you tried kingpin wraps? I bought a box of them (was thinking about getting the roller too but decided against it) and so far they're doing the job. As you can tell from my name, i'm a dutch guy as well, and the kingpins aren't nearly as good as dutches, but like I said, they do the job. They burn pretty slow and they feel good and moist in your fingers too. My only regret was getting the regular size, which are about as long as my king size j papers, which was dissapointing to say the least. I like my blunts long, so I should have got the Dons.

16. i like the platinum wraps better than kingpins, they're harder to seal though

17. my sig! haha

18. How about the notorious wraps, anyone try 'em ?

19. i usually just pick a good flavour. i have a left over one beside me, its a platinum peach wrap.

if i want a dutch, what do i ask for? ive never rolled with a real blunt. i only saw grape 5 packs i think when i looked for them.

20. like how do you ask the guy for them?

they have grape, strawberry, honey, vanilla, honey sports, and some places carry rillos too. they're usually in 5 packs or singles, some places you can buy a 50 and 60 count box.

i probably missed a few but i think i covered most