Rowhouse/townhouse worries...(smell?)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by yinyang, Dec 1, 2007.

1. ok i just recently moved into a rowhouse/townhouse and i want to do the closet thing but on the other side of my closet is my neighbours house...
    ive never bothered with carbon filters before and id rather not install one but im guessing ill have to now...?
    yes i know the advantages the ventilation/circulation of fresh air but its just trouble for me because i know nothing about putting a hole through a wall (besides puttin my fist through it)
    the only hole way i could do it (if i have 2)

1. is either exhaust through the attic (this way i can send the smell somewhere else without a carbon filter, but would it still smell from the attic to my neighbours?)

2. or to the other side of my closet (seal and separate my closet in 2) this would require a carbon filter obviously...

3. Forget the carbon filter and just start growin! (ideal for me lol)
    will 4 plants reek that much through the other side of my wall?

plz help...im germinating and puttin up a new grow journal soon as i get some good info on this...

2. No. 2:hello:Thats seems to be the best give away, i only have 1 in flower now and by 1pm i have to burn something for distraction. Don't hav the $ for a real filter but i did find this i might try.[SIZE=-1]www.gardenscure.com/420/security/<wbr>60127-ryoko-builds-diy-activated-carbon-filter.html -[/SIZE]

3. thx for the link
    ill think about it

4. yeah check out the second link in my sig. i think it's the same DiY link. it's cheap and just as good as any carbon filter you can buy...because it's made in exactly the sam way :smoke:

5. I would sawzall a hole in your ceiling put a bathroom fan in their wire it up, its really easy. Go up in yer crawl space attach some flex hoes to the fan vent it out close to where you bathroom vent is. When you move just get some mud and patch the hole. Thats what I did it was easy and works great!

6. hmm interesting idea

i think ill go with the homemade carbon filter but im just wondering if "4 inches" is a size that applies to my closet, or should i get bigger?