Routine Interplanetary Violence

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Sam_Spade, Aug 1, 2011.

1. #21 TesseLated, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2011

haha...I didnt know what you believed...just a different way of thinking about it...

It wasnt necessarily about the bigness of event...only that they were doing what they loved...

2. yes...fulfillment being content, happy, growing, and learning in your occupation,,

3. Yeah... I guess you're right...

Getting paid to do what you love is indeed a bliss.

4. We strive for fulfillment, but to me, it can't really be achieved. I'm sure everyone is different in this respect though.

5. lol...yes...^^...I consider myself to be that.....

And youre right GG....it is indeed bliss...Its really not like 'working' at all.....its just how you spend your time everyday, experiencing the joy of it.

I consider myself very lucky in that respect. If I won the lottery today....I'd still be at work tomorrow....lol..and no, Im not a workaholic by any means...haha

6. It's so much more than that. Here let me share some more context from the same passage.

"For many of the fragments, observers somewhere on Earth noticed the fireball rise so quickly and so high and it could be seen even through the impact site below it was still in Jovian darkness. Plumes ascended and then flattened into pancake-like forms. Spreading out from the point of impact we could see sound and gravity waves, and a patch of discoloration that for the largest fragments became as big as the Earth.
    Slamming into Jupiter as 60 kilometers a second (130,000 miles an hour), the large fragments converted their kinetic energy partly into shockwaves, partly into heat. The temperature in the fireball was estimated at thousands of degrees. Some of the fireballs and plumes were far brighter than all the rest of Jupiter put together."

"...Impact of the fragments of Comet Shoemaker-Levy 9 with Jupiter was witnessed on seven continents."

"If some of the cometary organics survived the impact events, they may have been responsible for the stain. Or, finally, the strain may be due to organic matter not delivered by the impacting cometary fragments, but synthesized by their shockwaves from the atmosphere of Jupiter."

These are amazing events; this type of asteroid is estimated to strike a planet only once in 1,000 years. The last time this happened, humans did not posses telescopes to even know Jupiter was a planet.

Not only this, but it happened in such a fortuitous way, that the Impact be facing earth. It could have just easily occurred that it was facing away.

A monstrously amazing event, of unfathomable energy. A event that bestowed profound tangible knowledge about the world around us.

I would argue for this being quite a big event indeed, but I must beg the question; does size matter? I also find the microbial world enthralling. Our biochemistry alone is astoundingly complex, but is based upon simple rules that yield increasingly complex patterns. Each individual leaf on a tree posses more intricate and delicate functions of chemical energy exchange than a nuclear reactor does.

If I find spiritual fulfillment in this, how is that wrong? In fact, the object of my spirituality is demonstrably extant.

7. Sam Spade : Nothing wrong with being spiritually fulfilled at astronomical events, or any other events, no matter how big, or how small.

May be if I had seen the impact myself, I would have said it was a spiritually fulfilling event also.

But unfortunately I have not witness it, and I can't feel it like you do...

8. More food for thought!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxsJeND_D-k&feature=related[/ame]

9. I lay down on the grass and I stare into a clear night sky. My cathedral is the night sky.

I often hear from the passionately religious that I need to work on finding God. I truly think I've already found her.

10. Don't think of fulfillment as a permanent state, but as the passing condition of your metaphysical worldview receiving external confirmation.

In this case, it's life telling these scientists "this universe is, indeed, knowable", and that is the best spiritual fulfillment a scientist could aspire to.

11. It's a 'her'?

Is she pretty?

:smoke:

12. A creator deity could only be a female, in my eyes.

And yes, she is gorgeous. Fantastic tits.

13. orgasms were her best creation IMO.. and ganja. :p

14. In my mind, there have to be two gods. One male, and another female. And each time they fuck, and the male god ejaculates, there is a big bang and if the male god's seeds hit the right spot, then you have life.

So every time these two fuck, a life is born.

15. Sexual reproduction is not the only type that exists. In fact the more fundamental biological method of reproduction is asexual.

16. But as we all know, God/s posses human traits. :D

17. How do you think God got here? :confused:

18. Where is here? And who is god? Rather, what

19. where did the aliens come from? :confused: