Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Rotator cuff pain

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by gpag, Sep 16, 2020.

1. I have a torn rotator cuff that is getting surgically repaired in November. In the meantime I am experiencing pain at night that keeps me awake. The pain during the day I can treat with some choice words spoken at the correct volume but I need something at night to relieve the pain and help me sleep.
    I called a dispensary here in Massachusetts to ask if medical marijuana would help with this to find out if it was worth going to a recreational store and pick something up. Here in Massachusetts the medical dispensary people are not allowed to answer any questions or give out any information unless you already have a card. I don’t want to spend the time and money applying for a medical card because this is only a temporary need.
    Anyone have any experience with using weed to alleviate shoulder pain? I’ve tried a CBD ointment which didn’t help. If medical marijuana is an option I’m interested in using gummies. Any recommendations on dosage?
    Thanks

2. #2 old shol4evr, Sep 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
    delete

3. Edibles are always unpredictable on a new user as we never know just how much is needed and to much is a bloody nightmare that just won't end.

Buy 300mg worth.
    Take 10mg and wait 2 full hoours
    If not stoned
    Take 20mg more and wait 2 more hours
    If not stoned
    Take 40mg more and wait 2 more hours
    Continue doubling and waiting until it works and your to fucked up to stand up.

Now you have a baseline for THAT exact edible.
    Never assume that all edibles are equal in strength or that the stated amount is accurate.
    This is why we advise people to make their own so each batch is identical in strength and you don't get a nasty surprise and spend hours with the spins and dry heaves after puking your guts out.
    10 hours of absolute misery is possible if your overshoot the dose.
    Do NOT call 911 for a cannabis edible overdose as they can't really help.
    In extreme overdose sniffing the aroma of fresh ground black pepper will take some of the edge off as will some CBD drops.

Cannabis may help or it might do nothing at all for your pain. At worst it'll just move the pain off center and make it a bit easier to tolerate. If your lucky like me it'll kill the pain like flipping a light switch.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. I had rotator cuff surgery and have painful shoulders in general. CBD knocks out the burning aspect of the pain. I use cbd flower that I grow and also buy hemp cbd flower online. Capsules and isolate too. You should be able to find a flower strain or non flower cbd at a dispensary.

5. Well said

Sent from my Z971 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. BNW hash caps kill all pain

7. When I have deep pain, I make up a salve. So much cheaper than buying from a dispensary although you'll have to get the cannabis from somewhere. I slather thick on a cloth and place it where it hurts. Have a friend wrap an ace around it for the night. That should help tremendously with the pain. The Super Healing Cannabis Skin Salve Recipe - The 420 Shack

8. Tincture works well as a pain killer. Something like ten times better than aspirin. I used it after an operation last year. I have an endless homemade supply. I felt great.