Rotating Plants in one direction consistantly. Potential issue?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Cannible Ox, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Hello everyone,

I always rotate to the right, always. What has happened is that the roots have molded into a bee-hive nice and neat. They keep their shape like they were in a bucket and the bucket was removed.

There has been zero issue during 1st phase but heading into the next phase could this lead to issues later?

does anyone else do this? Before the roots were everywere, now i rotate a 1/4 turn 3 times a day and that alone has made this effect.

thanks for your help and advice. 2 per 18gal

2. Wooot!

I was able to do this thru the playstation. Was a pain in the ass going there then comming home for one photo,lol. But a photo says a 1000 words.

Attached Files:

3. If there aren't any adverse effects by the time you harvest i'm
    gonna try it my next run. It seems like a great way to keep those roots from tangling, thanks for sharing!

4. Only thing I was concerned about was inside the mass would the PH mess with the plant?

so far everything is perfect, I was curious if it would pose a problem in flower.

Sure thing! It makes adding and balacing the water easier. I dont like dumping stuff ontop of roots. Kinda gives you space between the roots.

Thanks!