Rotating Harvest

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by deltamike21, Oct 30, 2004.

1. Hi all - We have this book that somewhat explains a rotating harvest, but we are trying to figure out how to get it started. Here is what the book says:

"Savvy growers combine 8-week flowering/harvest cycles with continuous cloning to form a never-ending perpetual harvest. One quick scenario is to take one clone every two days and harvest one plant every other day. Every time a plant is harvested, a rooted clone is moved from the vegetative room into the flowering room to take its place. This regimen gives a grower 60 flowerings clones that are on a 90-day schedule. It takes 90 days from the time a clone is cut from the mother plant until the day it is harvested. Using this schedule, a grower would have 45 clones and 30 flowering plants growing at all times."

We understand this schedule, but have 9 little plants just starting out, and are wondering how to get this schedule started. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions for us?

2. day1
    take a clone and put 1 or ur 9 plants into flower

day3
    take a 2nd clone and put a 2nd plant into flower

day5
    take a 3rd clone....etc

ok to start with ur flower room will sem empty but it'll soon fill up. and id take 3 or 4 clones each off those 9 plants u have to get ur plant numbers up to start with. by the time the 1st plant u started with is due harvest u shud have it down pat.

oh and even when u do have it goin like clockwork id still take dubble the amount of clones u need as some wont make it and if they all did u cud just pick the best clones from what u have.

3. Right on, makes alot more sense now that we aren't bombed....lol :smoking: im thinkin space shouldn't be an issue we have a 15'x10' flowering room. the book also say to introduce the clones to the flowering room when they are around 12" how much do u think a 12" plant will grow during flowering? so i know what size pots to use?

4. use minimum 3 gallon pots, better with 5 gallon though........what your talking about is sometimes referred to as a CHS........Constand Harvest Strategy...........look it up you'll get lots of info here about it, and at Overgrow...........as for height, depends on strain, but for a general height, about 36-42"

Peace out........Sid

5. and how much room for the cloning and veg?

6. Well, the book says, to introduce ur clones to 12/12 when they reach 12", i realize that this is smaller than normal. but my question is if we introduce the clones to 12/12 at 12" what size pot do you think they would need through flowering? im growing, nirvana white rino, nirvana skunk #1 and i just germinated 10 seedlings of feminized dutch passion green spirit. My flowering room is 15'x10' veg box is apox. half of that size. Im running 2 400w in the veg, and 2-1000 watts in the flowering room.

7. white rhino about 2.5ft and green sprit about 3.5ft if flowerd at 1ft given the right light. ten ltr pot with good soil shud do it.

btw u dont have enough light for the size of rooms, u need 7500watt in the flower room and about 3000w in the veg room.

happy growing.