Rot on big cola. Should I harvest?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Lawlerskates, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Hey guys! I'm in what might be considered an emergency situation and I want to make sure I make the best decision. The biggest cola on one of my biddy early's was taken by bud rot. I initially noticed what looked like light bleach on the outside of the cola and the leaves and the bud felt crispy on the outside, I knew something was up so I decided to give the cola a good inner inspection and it was definitively the rot. Is it possibly the bleaching helped encourage the rot? My biddy earlys have been turning purple so it made it a bit harder to see brown/grey colour from the rot. Should I cut down the rest of the plants today? considering bud rot is only infecting more bud the longer I wait? The plants are mostly finished, I might be losing on a bit of potency. But better that than a completely lost harvest right? Quick replies are appreciated! Thanks guys!

2. I would cut the rot out and spray with green cure, keep truckin. If it spreads alot alot just cut.

3. I cut the entire main part of the cola, down to the smaller side nugs. As far as I can see there isn't anymore rot, but that's just what "I can see". I'd hate to have to get rid of more rotted buds. Thanks for the quick reply.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ya, gotta battle between losing quantity and losing quality due to early harvest, eventually you'll have to choose if it continues

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. What's this caused by? Airflow issues?

6. #6 Lawlerskates, Oct 21, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    I'm thinking cutting them a little later today might be the best call. My first Biddy Early finished at 9-1/2 weeks of flower. The other two Biddy's and Strawberry AK-47 have been going for 11-1/2 weeks. They seem to just keep on maturing. They do look mostly done, so hopefully no too much potency will be lost. As opposed to the potential loss from mold. The Biddy Early's are known for doing well in high humidity and they're rot resistance. The problem is I'm dealing with 75% humidity and upwards daily as the pacific northwest is heading into the wet season. I don't have any way to combat that humidity other than extra air circulation. I guess that big cola sat in some stagnant air for too long and a bit of prolonged light bleaching perhaps encouraged the mold. Of course only I can make the call. Boy is it a tough one to make! The light is off at the moment, maybe I'll wait til the lights come back on and give them another inspection. If I see more rot, they likely all come down.

7. I would say between that and dealing with roughly 80% humidity daily. I've got two medium sized fans far circulation, one placed up high and another lower down. I also have the tent hooked up to an inline fan.

• Like Like x 1
  8. My current reasearch shows there are some items that you can buy to actually control humidity.
    Bit on the expensive side, but strikes me as something you might want to look into.

• Agree Agree x 1