Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Rosin

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by dutchsmokeOG, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Began perfecting my rosin tech for about a month now and I just want to know what are some things you can do to increase yields?

2. You can increase heat, but quality will suffer...Yield is very strain dependent, and settings on one strain might not work so well on another...Your press is ?? Type but NO Names plz.

3. 2 heated plates with 2 CID on a 12 ton press. My biggest problem is that vaped bud taste in getting. I'm pressing at 210F

4. Time of press...? I really like my homemade Rosin Taste...No bud taste here...keep playing with the settings and time...210 should be fine though..

5. I think the time is where I'm making my mistake. I'm taking way too long I'm gonna try and keep it at 30 seconds and under. I'll let you know on the results

• Like Like x 1
  6. Good idea...You can always repress...

7. #7 Macjack, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    20170406_151756.jpg Buzzer is correct about heat and yield. I'm new to this art also and I'm struggling with yield. I just did a run of 2 zips of live widow and only got 5 grams on my first press. 180 degrees run temp, plates are cooler than that by about 20 degrees. The concentrate came out beautiful, (white budder). But where's my oil man?

8. I've been playing around on a hair-straightner method for ROSIN for the past couple months and have been happily content with yield most likely due to the availability of proper material. I'd like to think I've refined my method the best I can with what I have at my disposal. I've found a very wide range of of results according to the many differing strains of MJ being pressed, crucial as well is the optimal temp and pressure applied to achieve best results for personal benefits in my opinion. Unless myself or some other curious and determined individual makes a precise log detailing the results for each strain experimented with then we will sadly never know with certainty the best specifications for this ROSIN technique.

9. i use the bottle tech method, i take my bag poke the bottom left and right side in so the tips almost touch and stuff the bag so it looks kinda like a bottle so when i press it, it folds like an accordion i find it increases my yields a bit