Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Rosin

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Easylivinggoodgrowing, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Just had a quick question, how much rosin can I expect from an eighth of some really good herbs?

Sent from my SM-G530P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Never could get it to work. wasted alot tryna get It to work. Used parchment paper from arts n crafts, used some for cooking, even bought some super cheap 2.50 roll from a gas station. Also tried It at 130f, 230f, even cranked the hair straightner all the way up (goes to 360) and cant get shit no mater how much or little In thebparchment paper. They are frosty and hairy af too.

3. If all you have is an eighth, you shouldn't be worried about pressing it to make rosin.

Rosin is for the guys who have ounces and bows to play around with dude. It's a waste otherwise.

4. Maybe 10% yield if you are lucky. So maybe .35 grams.

Any form of concentrates really take a lot of product to make it worth the effort.

5. Sorry to post on an old coversation, but this is NOT true at all! Rosin Tech is all about small yield.

First to answer the original posters question: Like and other extraction method, your yield is greatly affected by your source product. Buds that have the most terps (crystals on the leaf) produce the most yield. If you are using a hair straightener with hand pressing power only you should get between 10 and 20% yield and decent quality flowers. I switched to an actual press, the RTP 5x5 manual press, and I get between 25 and 35% yield usually.

@TheDankBank Pressing at 230 is for long presses and should be held for close to a minute probably. you get better quality with low temp long presses, but smaller yield. Standard hair straightener temp people usually press at is 320, but I always find just below that to be best for fast presing, between 300 and 310.

@MayorMcStoned Rosin presing works great for small batches. Once you get the technique down you can press as little as one bud for one dab.

• Like Like x 1