Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

rosin vs bho yield

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by MattmPsi, Aug 18, 2015.

1. wich one yields more?

2. I don't know, but would think bho. Rosin is quicker with no need to purge which makes it attractive. If you find out let us know.

3. I'd have to second that, but with only an educated guess. You can also consider that rosin can/has to be done in small batches, basically one nug at a time. I couldn't imagine anyone bothering to set up, blast, and purge an eighth of bud. Just like cost vs reward there... That said, you want lots of oil from a lot of trim/bud, a hair iron ain't gonna cut it.
    I've tried the rosin method and had decent success. A serious bonus is you can (if you're on a budget with shoddy connections like I am) smoke the pressed bud. Makes for a nice calming j that's not going to leave me ripped before my shift.

4. I know that with bho you typically get about a 15-20% yield, and with rosin when you use buds, you generally manage a 12-15% yield. This really depends on your method and quality of product to begin with though. I make rosin out of my kief at the end of every 1/2 oz. or so. Your rosin yields are higher if you use something like kief or dry sift, especially if you freeze it. My last batch, I took the kief I got from about 7g of herb, (didn't weigh it, should've). Probably about 1g-1 1/2g of kief, did NOT freeze it, and wound up with a .28g ball of rosin. Not too bad! Especially when you consider how little of a dab you need to get a good hit; it's really quite efficient. I don't really recommend the rosin technique with nugs, but with powdered concentrates, it's fantastic.