Rosin tech

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by trixman22, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Heat and solvents have different effects AFAIK

2. #42 Tree dogg, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2015
    decarb'ing will make a world of difference in processing any edibles. 

3. you need to be using the leaching size micron screens in between the source material and the catch parchment, thats why you have aprticulate matter in your rosin.

4. Does Anyone use anything besides a flat iron? Press machine? T shirt press? What kind of parchment can you buy without Teflon? I'm up here doing a season in the emerald triangle an walking away with tons of Keef I wanna press. Any suggestions? And what is the usual yield with Keef? Yield with hash?

5. #45 pqppqpqq, Nov 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2015
    I use a 1-ton mechanical shop press with 1/4" steel plates heated with 2 disassembled hair straighteners. I find it is much more consistent and reliable than a flat iron, and I'm able to get 20-25% yields off of single presses of good flower.

Here's an example of what I've made:
    [​IMG]

And here's the press I use:
    [​IMG]

6. Nice, that press looks like a DIY version of the one I saw. The press with a micron pouch is the way to go. I saw a company get roughly .5 from 2 Gs flower pretty consistently with that method.

7. #47 shmalphy, Nov 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2015
    How thick are the steel plates on that arbor press? (Edit: Looks like he said 1/4")

Is that the press from harbor freight?

8. Look at the spread i got with flower

Attached Files: