Rosin press for popcorn bud

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Archie oogllee, Nov 28, 2018.

1. I always end up with a ton of popcorn buds that aren't fully ripe and was wondering if it would be worth buying a rosin press for them? Would less mature buds make wax?

2. I'm thinking a hair straightener, parchment paper and a good amount of squeezin will give you a cheap answer to that question!

Good luck!

3. Make some Qwiso

4. Really depends on what a good amount is, I press a lot of flower material. I use the Sasquash v2 and press one ounce at a time.

The return is between 10-30% on a 4500$ press

Generally I press about 15 lbs and that takes a lot of time. And a lot of micron bags, parchment, and scraping.

IMO rosin is the best because there’s no acetone, butane, hexane, or anything else and it’s a lot safer process for sure.

Tip, make good bubble hash, then press that. Limits the number of presses and leads to better quality.

Who knows maybe you’ll end up pressing everything in the future.

If you have any specific questions I can try to answer also.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  5. The press I'm looking at is only about $375. I've never tried wax but a friend of mine loves it so I want to make it for him.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Use a 25 dollar 900 pound vice from Walmart and a 30 dollar hair straitener it’s a purple one with a lit screen get parchment paper freeze the .5 gram nugs you wanna press preferably dense and Resin drenched put the straightener in the press with the very tip aimed down and goto turning the handle to squeeze instant stable shatter but don’t let it get all the way to 300 press it and then turn it on and wait till you here a slight bubbling

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'll have around 1 or 2 ounces of popcorn this harvest, seems like that would take forever.

8. Take forever kinda but it’s a cheap cost effective way to make rosin really fast

9. And trust me if the bud is properly done up it’s crazy clear like gold as anything and see through to boot

• Like Like x 1