Roseanne Barr For President - Wants To Legalize Marijuana

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Suck My Mind, Nov 25, 2011.

1. of all the issues facing this country you think legalizing pot matters? youd pick your candidate entirely on the fact they want to legalize pot?

2. She's moronic if she's serious about a run for president. I actually hope that was a joke that she was running for president. She said that first and foremost, she's legalize marijuana. There are much more pressing matters like our deficit, our debt, and job creation that need to be taken care of before an attempt at legalizing marijuana is made.

"I would forgive all student loans"

Yea because that's going to help our financial situation.../facepalm

3. Work, if I was not paying off my hubby's old student loans (less than $2000 to go), I could spend that money on American products and improve the economy!

How many are there like me? Thousands! And individually we ain't much- but put together our freed-up money could make a difference to the economy!

And "face-palm" right back at you for not seeing that!

4. I don't know about that, the drug war has been "tolerated" for far too long. I refuse to vote for another candidate who does not call for an immediate end to the federal drug war.

Thankfully, Ron's for that.

Having loads of American citizens being thrown in jail for victimless crimes for the benefit of private prisons and big pharma that does not want competition is an outrage. It's an enormous infringement on personal liberty.

5. But it still doesn't solve the problem. The real solution would be to abolish the Dept. of Edu. and let the free market lower education costs.

It is better than bailing out megacorporations, however.

6. There is no such thing as a free lunch. All this would do is increase the national debt, cause the government to raise taxes or print more money hurting the economy and weakening if not destroying the dollar.

7. Serious? :rolleyes:

We should probably get Trump back in the race too; and maybe some really hardened contestants from Survivor :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Personally, if I had to take a celeb, based on their knowledge, it'd be Joe Rogan > Roseanne Barr any day of the week :smoking:

8. Im Grimacing at this thread. im like "oh, no... no no no... :/"

9. #29 xBrent, Nov 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2011

This is what I was getting at.

I understand that student loans suck, and that you would have much more money if you didn't have to pay them back. Of course. But, there is 850 billion dollars in outstanding student loan debts.

Source:Student loan debt exceeds credit card debt in USA - USATODAY.com

That exceeds the amount of credit card debt in the United States which is 828 Billion.

She didn't specify whether or not she wanted to forgive public college debt only, or public and private, but either way it would be a very, very, bad idea.

The US Federal Government does not have the money to do this. That's clear. We're now 15 trillion dollars in debt, and we still have a massive deficit.

If the Federal Government forgave these loans, that gets tacked on to our debt. 825 Billion dollars. That's nearly 1 trillion dollars. That would bump our debt up to almost 16 trillion dollars.

I'm not trying to sound like a dick, but I'm against almost all social programs that pay out this money and put our country into even more debt. We just cannot simply afford it. If the government instead of acting like children in a candy store would cut (I mean real cuts not just reducing the deficit) and instead created an environment where jobs were readily available then there wouldn't be a need for these programs.

10. um...............

11. OP is either to high, or to sober.

12. OP is just having some fun.

[​IMG]

13. I don't care what Rosanne wants to legalize, after hearing her other political views I'd love to take a baseball bat to her face for a while. Weed isn't the end-all and be-all