Ropeys Perpetual Grow - Sour Kush, Critical +, White widow +++++++++

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by RopeyMagnumMan, Nov 17, 2011.

1. [quote name='"DankPursuit"']4Jo2nes0 - I grew a White Widow for my second grow. It was really strong and caused a bit of paranoia for me. I ended up using it to make canna-butter and I love it that way; especially when used to make cookies!

I should mention that I didn't know about flushing when I did my second grow and that could certainly have influenced the final result... My 3rd grow was a couple of Pandora's Boxes and I did flush. I thought that result was excellent but I'm sure it could've been better. Now that I'm on to grow 5, this is the first time I am checking pH and making sure that is accurate.

--------------------

RopeyMagnumMan - Your plants are looking beautiful! Could you please tell me what you mean when you say "supercropped"? I think that means you lightly bent the stems but I'm not sure...[/quote]

Mmmhhh I do plan to make a decent amount of edibles. Never really have a paranoia with weed anymore.
    My both my grows I used a meter for tds and Ph. So I've come familiar with the numbers a bit. :) stars getting easy to predict after a while.

And yeah that's what supercropping is. For the most part. I got lots of sexy knots on my ssog from supercropping her

2. im sorry i missed that message before, ya supercropping is bending and sometimes lightly snapping the stem. If done correctly it should heal and pull more water/food to heal thus boosting that stem. I have noticed in the past my colas that were SC seemed bigger. Some dont believe in it i personally do. Also a great height controller....if u get one shoot that gets higher then the rest go down the stem and bend it till it just begins to snap. If you have enough light and u didnt snap it off it should stand back to the light in no time.

3. Way overdue on an update! I tend not to update as much durin veg just cause its really not that exciting haha. Pineapple Chunk has been in a 5 gal for about a week. She is deff having some N deffiency which has been being corrected. The Sour Kush was just transplanted yesterday and is still recovering. The small plant on the end is the random bag seed (kush). Lamp now running 400 watts. Temp is not a problem this time of the year so i got the reflector about a foot away. These plants are getting a ridiculous amount of light as always. Once in 12/12 i will likely bump it up to 400 SL mode. Im very close to changing the light cycle but i need to correct that nitrogen problem before doing so for obvious reasons. I dont want to be dumping NPK with high N when i switch to flower. I sometimes feed a little N halfway through flower for a little boost.

i apologize for the wicked light wash in these pics...i really didnt have time to be fuckin with lighting on my camera

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. and yes the veg cab is off for a few weeks

5. Your grow is looking great! The plants look very healthy thus far :)

Mine are approaching 1 month since I planted the seeds. Every single seed sprouted! This time, I put each seed straight into soil and placed the seedling trays onto a heating pad. I also put a large tupperware with a few holes punched in it over them and the results were fantastic. They're all growing very nicely.

So far, I have to say the new Inda-Gro light is working fantastic! One thing I really love about it is that it doesn't get nearly as hot as the MH or HPS lights. It also covers a larger area (5x5). I'm still very curious to see how well this is going to work for flowering...

Attached Files:

6. Thats what i been doing dank with great results. I have tried sprouting in rockwoal with decent results but i generally get 100% germing in tupperware with paper towels then right into soil. I find it to be the best way to get the best results...as long as ur using soil of course. Refresh my memory do you have a journal? im sorry im so busy lately i cant rememeber

7. Hello Ropey, I don't have a journal. I'm just following yours and thought you and friends might be interested in my grow too... By the way, I'm growing Cindy99, Beyond the Brain, NY47 (Feminized), Northern Lights x Skunk (Fem), and a Quasar (Fem). Right now, I have 3 C99s and 3 BBs. I plan to end up with one of each so that my final harvest will be 5 plants with each a different strain. I am finding this very exciting. My original plan was to wait a year before I did another grow. But, seeing yours get started coupled with getting the C99 seeds was just too much for me! I couldn't wait any longer :)

8. i dont blame u...cindy is supposed to be the beees kneess from what i hear....might have to get my hands on some to, gettin a little jealous! Well then keep me updated in here man i like to see what ya got goin on...girls look very happy so far

9. Lights have been switched...now on a 12/12. Still Not as green as id like so i got todays watering to get some NPK in them before the flower regiment is started. In a perfect world i would like to be starting them today but it can wait a few days.

I was just about out of Veg nutes(botanicare metabolic grow). So i went to the shop and grabbed the pro formula. Im a big botanicare fan so i want to stick with them for base and leave my options open for Hydro in the near future. The standard stuff i had been using was really geared more towards soil. Lacked some beneficials needed if i were in a hydro setup.

Noticed my Big Up powder was no longer a powder which worries me so i tossed it. Apparently has a shelf life but not big deal. I almost went with hydroplex for a finisher but the boys at the shop strongly recomended Atami Bloombastic. About the same price but much higher concentration at 0-14-15. Im pretty excited to see the results i have heard good things!
    [​IMG]

anyone know much about this stuff? used it or know someone who has?????

...plant pics tomorrow they are a lil droopy right now..not ready for the camera:D

10. pics from a few days ago....gettin some green back in the leaves today though. 5 days into flower, Preflowers on everything except the the small bag seed plant. I started germing 1 of 2 DNA LA cons reg seeds, see what comes of that...male or female ill be happy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. I just love to watch the transformation that occurs in the days after switching to flowering! I was absolutely fascinated my first grow to watch every little change :) I recently topped all my plants and so won't start flowering for another month. I've read that you should wait that long for the best results since it takes that long for the hormones in the plant to stabilize after the shock of being topped.

Your plants are really looking nice!

12. topped both....prolly had bout 3 weeks before i fliped the lights. I couldnt wait any longer pineapple chunk was getting large and stretches in flower. I will admits to keep things perfectly aligned in the top canopy i have been supercropping a good amount. Recovery on my stem snaps are a half day so they seem to like the stess

13. [quote name='"RopeyMagnumMan"']topped both....prolly had bout 3 weeks before i fliped the lights. I couldnt wait any longer pineapple chunk was getting large and stretches in flower. I will admits to keep things perfectly aligned in the top canopy i have been supercropping a good amount. Recovery on my stem snaps are a half day so they seem to like the stess[/quote]

Sounds good. Pics?? :)

14. lights out at the moment....but tomorrow i have no work so i can deffinitly get some pics. Today i fed them with a transition feed. PC got a lot greener im happy to say with the new nutes. Sour kush is still a bit yellow. So they got half strength Grow and Bloom. I also added a quarter dose of the minimum for atami Bloombastic with high p and k. Hoping this will kick the plant into flower a little harder. Bloombastic is my finisher and i wont be using it again till the end. Pics tomorrow

15. Pineapple Chunk left Sour Kush right....then the bag seed baby. About a week into flower. Sorry not much to look at yet but as usual im gonna have tons of frosty tops! Sorry about the light wash i really didnt take the time to adjust my camera. When i get some sexy flowers in there i will take some more time with the cam.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. lookin great bro. are those #10 smarties?? they look big:D those ladies are gonna produce for ya big time!!

17. 5 gals smarties...first run using them..so far i like. Forgot to mention LA con germed and was planted in soil after about 30 hours. High hopes for a male but hell a female wouldnt suck either ;) In a perfect world 1 of 2 of the seeds would be male and the other female but we will see

18. [quote name='"RopeyMagnumMan"']5 gals smarties...first run using them..so far i like. Forgot to mention LA con germed and was planted in soil after about 30 hours. High hopes for a male but hell a female wouldnt suck either ;) In a perfect world 1 of 2 of the seeds would be male and the other female but we will see[/quote]

Yeah! I'm hoping the la I have vegging now is male :)

19. uuuu tricky lil ninja u....i had no idea it was u. I was like this dude is totally takin over joes journal! haha Sorry i ttry to keep up to date with your journal but its a very active place haha, hard to keep up with!

20. lmao. been more active since ive been gone than it ever was...lol

i am veeery sneaky:bolt::hide: