Roots?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by RollaJayyy, Mar 26, 2009.

1. This will be my second year growing. i thought i had found a perfect spot for the upcoming season. Lots of sun and vegetation, a stream about 100 yds from the plot.

But, there were little baby trees like 2 feet tall growing where i wanted to plant. So I ripped em all out of the ground. When i dug the holes for my plants, i noticed lots of little roots about 2mm thick scattered in the soil.

Is this a problem? Will it affect my plants? What can I do to fix it?

2. Till up the ground....

3. Yeah man, dig a big hole and mix everything up, a few thin roots wont affect it much but make sure you have a nice big hole full of loosened up dirt.

4. You can nail some tarp on the sides of the hole so the bushes and trees around don't eat up the good stuff meant for your mj. But if they are rather slow growing plants around, it should be fine without the tarp (they'll need several months to recover I'd guess). If they are reeds or fast growing veg. around , then be careful as they'll take up all the food and compete with your plants. The tarp will hinder your plants a bit but not too much if the holes are big enough (2 ft wide). It will also help hold more water.

5. Dead roots will slowly compost, give your plants some nutrition. No problem.