Roots stuck in plug Help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by di734on, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Hello all! I have a question. I recently transplanted a plant to its veg pot. The plant was doing great up until then. Once I transplanted it,it stopped growing completely. The leaves are yellowing badly. I know I'm using the wrong media (miracle grow) but I haven't been feeding it any nutes, just water until I can change the media. But is there anything in particular I am doing wrong? I have it under a 600watt MH, the rooms temp is at 75 with humidity around 60-65%...Please help. Thanks! Smells great doesn't it!

2. u have to bury the stem in the new medium to trick the plant into growing the roots. if u use MG soil look for spaghnum peat it contains almost 0 nutes and will not burn ur plants available anywhere

3. Thx bongboi. But, when u say trick the root, do u mean I have to pull the plant from the plug it's in then plant it? Sorry but I'm confused. Smells great doesn't it!

4. #4 zionism, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2014
    He's saying add another half inch or inch of dirt on topSent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. OK, I see what he meant. Thank you. Smells great doesn't it!

6. Maybe because of the repotting the plant's in "shock." If so, maybe increase the distance between the light and the plant for a couple days. Give the plant a rest? Just thinking..... I hope they perk up.

7. Short of pictures, I'd say you're experiencing what is called transplant shock. Plants do not like being transplanted ever. It is very stressful. Do what bongboi said. Also, give her time. She should bounce back after a week or so once she gets acclimated to her new medium.
    Pics would really help though.

8. I have tried several times to rotate the picture. Doing this on my phone. As you can see in the picture, it's yellowing badly and yet has new growth.... Kitties are so nice.

Attached Files:

9. [quote name="bananamber" post="19462583" timestamp="1391496778"]Short of pictures, I'd say you're experiencing what is called transplant shock. Plants do not like being transplanted ever. It is very stressful. Do what bongboi said. Also, give her time. She should bounce back after a week or so once she gets acclimated to her new medium.Pics would really help though.[/quote]Pic is up. Kitties are so nice.