Roots seeping through the pot

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by LibertiORDeth, Sep 22, 2010.

1. I have 12 2 gallon pots in an Ebb and Gro system that are nearly 6 weeks old, and the roots have started to grow out of the pot and grow through the holes at the bottom. Should I allow this to happen? Since there's always some water in the bottom of the bucket I assumed it wouldn't be healthy...

2. replace your two gallon pots with five gallon pots..... you must have vegged for a long time... every thread i have seen says to never use even a 3.5... unless your using an auto flower... two gallon pots? where do you even find those?

what strain, how long did you vegg? go get new pots quick... your gonna shock your plants doing a transplant... hope your not in flower

3. #3 friedguy, Sep 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2010
    There is no problem with the roots coming out the bottom (or side for that matter). As long as they don't dry out they will be fine.

But also make sure the roots are not submerged in water for an extended length of time...

4. its a hydro gro bro

5. Actually these plants were originally for auto-flowers, due to a change in circumstances they are not being used for that purpose :eek:.