Roots organics or fox farm soil??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kickingharold, Aug 1, 2012.

1. i am new to indoor growing. i have done some guerrilla stuff with good luck. i have my first crop about to chop and im looking into soils. currently using ffof/hapy frog mix. i have had no issues except now 2 weeks before harvest im having fungus gnat infestation but idc as im chopping in less then 12 days. have had no issues with current soil just wondering if i should change up or just get used to growing one soil then after a few try something else. and can i reuse the ff soil?? i hear not to but most of the soil only was used for maybe a month. I had one die and 3 males of 6. s most of the soil was still very fresh

2. I've heard some dissatisfied costumes with the roots soil. FF tends to be pretty good. Holds up well to the water test they do at the hydro store. Add some extra perlite and worm castings and it will be even better. Or better yet, look into mixing a super soil.

3. ya see i have not one complaint about ffof. super soil is not really what i can afford to do at the moment. i dont have the fundage to prepare a soil in advance to let it cook. believe me i been a reading fool. i have also heard good and bad things about both roots and ff soils. i think most of it is personal preference. next run im growing 2 strawberry cough, 2 pineapple express, and one auto amnesia. plus one more idk yet i have 4 more seeds to chose from. mkage, bubba 76, og kush, or a tahoe og kush.[​IMG] what do u think i should grow?