roots organic soil

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by let get high, Jan 4, 2012.

1. hi people does any one know were i can buy roots organic soil in the uk cheers:)

2. try google?

3. The UK?

LMAO

4. Roots organics soil can be made by you

Its a mix of Coco/Peat/Pearlite

Amendment wise
    Feather meal
    green sand
    EWC
    Alfalfa meal
    Kelp meal
    Oyster shell's I believe as well with some Dolomite Lime

5. Just take the coco/peat/perlite and add a quarter teaspoon of each of the ammendments lissted above & you got it.

OR

You could probably find a way to get it shipped 6,000 miles for $100.00 a bag shipping -

OR

You could read the stickys, learn how to mix your own soil that you can use multiple times and make yourself self-sufficient and grow flowers that will make your friends flowers look very silly.

3 choices. Good luck - start reading man!

Jerry.

6. lol agreed!

7. Marketing Hype + Perceived Value = some really serious air freight charges!

LMAO

LD

"Yes, British Airways? This is Kash Krop Stupid and we have a rush order of potting soil into London and we need expedited service - this is an emergency"

"Huh? Export docs? What's that? An export license? This is an emergency - Dank-Dumb is hanging in the balance!"

8. LD, it would be nice, I think, if you could have a monthly Dank-Dumb award. ;)

9. Ya'll know the only way dank can be grown is with Roots Organic. Nothing can be substituted. Haters be hatin' up in here.

10. LGH - as you can see, most here aren't too keen on the Roots Organic soil. I'm not saying that its totally bad, but very overrated by the manufacturers, as well as overpriced and nowhere near as good as many make it out to be.

Can you come up with peat, earthworm castings, good quality compost, and some basic organic fertilizer? If you can source these items you'll be way ahead of the game and in a better position than if you were using the Roots product.

Seriously - reaqd the stickys. You can make a much, much better product than Roots for much cheaper money.

Good luck.

Jerry.

11. Don't forget to toss in a couple elbows of Roots Oregonisim XL - gotta have those 'beneficial microbes' to realize the full potential of their soils.

It's all on their web site for review and study. And what a study it is!

LD

12. Don't they have a whole product line? Why limit yourself?

I just wonder if "Oregonism" would even work here in Maine.

I wish they'd sell a "Maineism" - more suited for the Northeast.

Jerry.

13. Jerry, you may have discovered a business niche for yourself. :D

14. Let's set-up a business! The product that Kid 'n Play at Roots use is $286.00 for 20 lbs. so let's call that $15.00 per lb.

I'll sell it to you, freight collect, for $20.00 per lb. and compared to what this product costs with the Roots Oregonism XL label, or White Shark or whatever - big, big money to be made.

Send a PayPal to ThumbDick@stonerheaven.org and let's get the ball rolling!

Need any ground puka shells?

LD

15. A cup of clam chowder and 2 pints of Mean Old Tom stout per cubic foot, let it cook and VOILA!!! Maineism super soil!!! :p

16. Too funny! :)

Ya know, I've actually thought about posting an ad on Craigslist for AACT tea, made with my fancy cone shape tank/airlift/vortex brewer. Being a "real" product, that actually would work for some, I wonder if it'd sell, and what its even "worth".

Hmmm....

17. #17 WeeDroid, Jan 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2012
    Jerry? You run a small farm, yes? Teas, vermi compost, soil mixes are all within the realm of farming outputs. You could even do some organic farming teaching in your community.

You hippy you. :bongin:

If you have the space to park a soil mixer trailer you could make some awesome soil. You'll need to build some big bins for your leaf compost. At least.

LD can help you with distributing. ;)

The organic farming market on the east coast is fragmented jerry! Ripe for planting your seed and harvesting big time. :D

18. I bet its at least or better of a product than the Maineism, er, Oregonism...

19. I say go for it.

20. Instead of selling Clam Chowder you can call your product line Claim Chowder!

That or "Bend Over - End Over" which is actually my favorite.

LD