Roots growing out the bottom, watering question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by zappaman123, Jan 30, 2012.

1. I transplanted my plants 4 days ago , from 1 gallon pots into 5 gallon pots. Today I noticed the roots are growing out of the bottom of the pots. I have been watering 3/4 a gallon of water every other day. Could it be the new soil is drying out too quick, so I need to water around the edges of the pot every day. Any responses would be deeply appreciated. Other than this issue my girls look gorgeous and i love them and will show them all the love I can.

2. im pretty sure thats a good thing

3. You went from 1 gallon to 5 gallon 4 days ago and you roots are already growing out of the bottom of the 5 gallon pots?????? That is some serious root production. Got any pics?

4. Roots grow out of the drain hole is usually because the pot stands in the runoff water and roots will stretch to get to that water. Is your container in some kind of bowl?

5. Hi , Growensmoke, sorry i dont have a way to post pics. The plants I'm growing are BLUE RHINO'S . I got the seeds from Positronics ( Attitude Seeds). SO far i sprouted them in 4 inch pots, then after 12 days i transplanted them to 1 gallon pots and they got root bound after only 13 days so then i had to tranplant into the 5 gallon pots. At the Positronic seed site the description of BLUE RHINOS says that they would have a massive root system. They say that these have to grow in 5 gallon pots, I didnt realize that it would be this quick. I'm starting to think I might have to tranfer them again into 10 pots. I have to say the plant are easy to grow except for this issue. Take a minute if you can and search blue rhinos on the attitude seeds bank site.

6. I think you just answered your own question. Just saying...

7. Hi Fluffykush, what you responded could very well be true, however i do keep checking the saucers i have the pots on and empty them. I do this at least 3 times over a period of 1 hour after watering. What i'll do now is also check after a couple hours.

8. How old are your plants? are they flowering yet?

9. Don't worry the air will prune those roots, it's not a bad thing, if your transplanting from a one gallon to a five gallon and four days later roots are growing out the bottom, what the fuck am I not doing? Can you get a camera and make a journal I'd like to follow it.

10. To answer your question Growsensmoke the plants are 4 weeks old from seed. They are 7 inches tall and were on thier 7th internode and i just topped them today at the 5th internode.

11. Sorry about the height i forgot i buried them two inche down during the tranplanting so you could say they were 9 inches at the 7th internode not 7inches of heighth.

12. Man, you got me scratching my head...7 " tall and roots already through the bottom of a 5 gallon pot? I dont know what to tell ya. Thats something I have never experienced.

13. Hey Numbnutts , I checked your grow out and your not doing anything wrong. I personally love your plants and think your doing a wonderful job with your ladies. AS for me i did my 1st grow last year with bagseed and learned everything i know from the help of grass city. I made plenty of mistakes and learned from them. As far as this grow which i started jan. 1 2012, i give all the credit to grass city and the blue rhinos which just seem so easy to grow. i guess i got lucky with some seeds with good genetics.

14. my seeds sprouted on 1-1-2012 mine were under cfls and a couple little 24w t5s but now they are under an 8 bank 4ft t5...they are only on there 4th set of leaves

15. 20180728_171425.jpg 20180728_171416.jpg 20180728_171405.jpg 20180728_171336.jpg I have the same problem except for I went from 5 gallons to 10 jalyns 6 days a girl in I'm growing super silver haze 2 of them are already 6' tall 20180728_171425.jpg 20180728_171416.jpg