roots growing from pot

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by mcowans12, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Ok so my roots are growing from the drainage holes I transplanted about a week ago from 16in to 3 gallon pots and now this is happing should I cut em or let them dye or repot but it can't be rootbound so IM confused

ForumRunner_20121117_223416.png

2. I'd re pot if it was me.. How big is tha actual plant?? Good roots :)

3. The plants are only about a foot tall this happened after I watered and put the pot in another pot to catch run off IM not sure if it was from moisture in pot they were looking for or what but this can't be normal and it's only the ones I watered like this.

4. Iv got a few roots coming out the bottom of mine but there only small compared 2 yours.. I'm using the same size pot n mines about 1.5 foot... I was thinking about repotting it but they haven't got any worse yet but if I do I think I'm gna try them grow bags you can get they sound good!! I'd be happy if I had monster roots coming out like that but I'd deff wana get a bigger pot so they can get bigger!

5. I believe roots tend to grow straight down with little branching if you overwater, but that seems kinda counterintuitive when I think about it... either way, take care not to overwater (wait till the soil is completely dry 2 inches deep).
    there should be no need to transplant again if you already did a week ago. Id wait a week or two and then flip over the pot and carefully slide it off to see how the roots are doing, Id expect to see that theyre circling the bottom of the pot and above that there barely are any.