roots coming out of drain holes help?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by oxtart, Mar 5, 2009.

1. my plants are about 3 weeks old. i got them in 2 gallon containers with about 2 inches of hydroton in the bottom for draining. the roots are really starting to come out......should i worry?

2. Don't worry just don't let the roots be exposed to light,but in the meantime you best think about repotting them.Its the best solution.........Suess

3. No worries, they won't grow out too far since roots hate light, and there are plenty of roots INSIDE the pot to provide the plant with nutrients. Don't worry/care at all about the roots coming out, but you should consider transplanting soon!

4. thats mother nature saying transplant time

5. Obama Said "IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE"

6. now these are only 3 weeks old and in 2 gallon pots......2 gallons not big enough for a 3 week old?....i figured 2 gallon would be big enough for a full sized plant?

7. It all depends on the strain and how good your root developement is. It is apparent you have great root developement, however you have vegg'd for 3 weeks which is a long time for a plant in 2 gl pots. Once the plant goes from seedling to vegetative it will not only grow quickly, it quickly developes a very strong root system. I would transplant into 3.5 - 5 gl copntainers now and give them another 3-5 days, then induce flowering.

less