Roots coming from bottom of pot - small growbox - HELP!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by N15, May 28, 2010.

1. #1 N15, May 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2010
    First grow.
    Some info:
    Biobizz Soil.
    Biobizz Nutes. (started a week ago)
    Day 22.
    I have a pH problem.
    Can't really move the plant anywhere else.

As you can see, the roots are growing out of the box. I transplanted from a smaller pot last week, this was a big upgrade and in the week it's already reaching the bottom. I hardly have space for a bigger pot, I'd have to do some hunting to find a pot to fit the box to its maximum size. I really don't have much space. I wanted to do some LST because of the limited height, I did do some topping and wanted to do 4 way LST but the branches arent big enough to tie down yet. I don't have much vertical space. I should go into flowering today, I know it's a small plant but I was never expecting ounces and ounces from the yield, it is what it is. It's still going to triple in size during flowering.

Do I have to transplant? A deeper pot?
    If not, should I cover the holes so the roots aren't exposed to the light?
    Does anyone know if root growth is slowed down once in flower to promote bud growth?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a pH problem that I will address ASAP:

[​IMG]

2. you really should repot it because the roots are running out of space to grow. is there any way a slighly bigger pot is posible?

3. Is it the depth that is most important? The deeper the pot I get the less space I will have for flowering, as you can see it's very limited as it is.

4. I wouldnt really say depth but the all around size. I had a plant a long time ago that it's roots ran out of space and it's like the plant just quit getting bigger then it took off when i repotted it. so i dont think it's just the depth but the all around size. try and get some more opinions but that's what i think haha.

5. Thanks for the input, appreciated.

6. Does anyone know if root growth is slowed down once in flower to promote bud growth?

7. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just did some LST.

I'm guessing I have to transplant and can't use this pot to harvest?