Roots Above Soil

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Cmititi, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Hey guys, just wanted to see what the homies on here have to say about roots peaking on top of the soil.. I will eventually top the soil with gorilla veg then top that with a layer of 707 soil but I've done this already and the roots still find a way to poke out. Should I be concerned and mask it right away or continue my cycle every 2 weeks when I need to add more nutes. 1499466517509.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I would add a thin layer of compost or vermicompost then add mulch over that (but don't let mulch touch the stem).

3. Not such a big deal. I've had them do that before and they finished out just fine. If it makes you worry, cover them up with some more soil. TWW

• Like Like x 1
  4. I have never had an issue from a few exposed roots...

• Like Like x 2
  5. I'm not to worried, plants are doing fine.. like I said I top them all with gorilla veg+ soil for the extra nutes every 2 weeks.. Just wanted to see if this could be a potential problem.. aren't roots suppose to be white lol those fuckers are green looking like there ready to absorb some light.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I had the same thing happen myself, I've read that it's actually a good thing but I'm new at this. I had tons of roots coming out of the top and mine is flowering fast