rooting solutions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jaharad, Apr 7, 2012.

1. First time buying rooting solution, first time tryin cloning. what should i get? where i can get it? knowing the price ranges would be nice as well.:smoke:

2. You can use honey to help root growth, or you can make a rooting solution from the bark of a willow tree (soak it in water for a day, use the water). Or you can always just go and buy some.

3. Yeah i was looking at buying some. wondering where, how much and which ones are the best

4. hydro store/internet, depends on how much you're planning on cloning, clonex

5. aloe vera at target- $10 a gallon- 1 cup of aloe juice to a gallon of water, along with some pro-tekt and kelp meal makes a strong rooting solution applied for pre-soak (soaked tip is cut off after cutting absorbs it for 15 minutes) and as a soil drench after the first roots are formed 5-10 days later. .. .. keep refrigerated.

6. salicylic acid

7. Believe it or not you CAN clone without hormone

8. I've always used an asprin, and a drop of honey and have about a 95% success rate.

9. Probably the sucess is due to the honey and not the aspirin.

10. I used to use just asprin with the same results, but the tiniest bit of honey binds the asprin to the stem a little easier, and allows the cutting to save a few extra seconds out of the water. Asprin is what my grandpa used to take cuttings for everything, so I just do what he showed me many years ago.

• Like Like x 1