Rooting Problems with new shoots

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by DataBass, Apr 16, 2012.

1. #1 DataBass, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2012
    I've had a low success rate of rooting starts. I always start with a clean container and new peat plugs. I can keep the cuttings in a glass of water for weeks and they still look good, but when I put them in the growing medium, the leaf tips start to shrivel and die in about 10 days as in the attached photo shows. If I leave the dome on for over a week, the plugs start to mold, so I take the dome off half the day after a few days. I also use a rooting powder before I put them in the pellets.

Any ideas on what is wrong with these cuttings or what I can do to improve it?

Attached Files:

2. How are you liking your Nikon COOLPIX L22?

I have had strains that just wouldnt root. MY biggest tip for you would be change your rooting medium.

Coco works well and so do rapid rooters. I achieve best results when the medium is not soaking wet like those plugs get.

3. Yes, the leaves and stems are wet. They're not drying out, that's not the problem, but I can keep them in water and they stay a healthy green for weeks? The pellets are designed to work for cuttings. I'm going to try slightly drier pellets and let the dome generate the moisture for the leaves. What is a Rapid Grower?

The L22 works well for $100 snapshot camera. I like it.