Rooted clones yellowing

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Spaced, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Alright I have 6 clones that are yellowing. One is dead, one is almost dead (both had less time to root and were the same strain).

These clones have only been in my tent for 3 days.

I understand clones yellow because of the root system in the beginning.

They are growing under a 400w MH, in 1gal Fox Farm Ocean Forest. The light (cool tube with 6" Inline fan) is 2ft from the clones.

ForumRunner_20121112_105300.png

ForumRunner_20121112_105324.png

ForumRunner_20121112_105351.png

ForumRunner_20121112_105408.png

ForumRunner_20121112_105438.png

2. [quote name='"mrgoodsmoke"']Feed em.[/quote]

Are you suggesting I hit em with nutes already?

I mean I could go 25% nutes, I just don't want to burn them

3. I'm running the Technaflora line for nutes.

Should I give them a dose of Thrive Alive B-1 Green solution, Sugar Daddy, and Root 66... (All for transplant stage) since they are so young..

Or should I just head into the BC Boost, BC Grow, Thrive B-1 Red, MagiCal, and Sugar Daddy?

4. I dunno man. If the roots have little feeders on em, and they're yellowing, I'd give em a tiny tiny dose and see what happens. If they react good, give em a little more. I use different stuff so I dunno about those ones you said. 25% strength is probably as high as I'd go right now.

5. [quote name='"mrgoodsmoke"']I dunno man. If the roots have little feeders on em, and they're yellowing, I'd give em a tiny tiny dose and see what happens. If they react good, give em a little more. I use different stuff so I dunno about those ones you said. 25% strength is probably as high as I'd go right now.[/quote]

I'm thinking its just my PH is messed up. I need to buy a new meter because mine is a POS.

6. I root clones in a bubble cloner or rock wool and I never pH the water, but they do turn yellow. I dunno man.

7. Did you use gel?
    No sense in giving them nutes, they dont have roots yet...
    Your better off to use a starter soil rather then ocean forest..

8. [quote name='"YODA"']Did you use gel?
    No sense in giving them nutes, they dont have roots yet...
    Your better off to use a starter soil rather then ocean forest..[/quote]

They were definitely rooted before being put into soil. I didn't personally clone them, but I'm assuming they used gel. And it might be Michigan Medical Marihuana (M3) mix, I'm not positive. I got the clones from someone.

I'm not going to nute them. I'm just trying to figure out what's going on. I only mist them 2 times a day until the top layer of soil is moist/wet.

Here's some more pictures

ForumRunner_20121112_122203.png

ForumRunner_20121112_122220.png

ForumRunner_20121112_122243.png

ForumRunner_20121112_122306.png

ForumRunner_20121112_122324.png

9. Dont mist them while the light is on..
    at least move them until the water dries..If your not giving them a dark cycle try that..
    It helps the roots....

ps..ocean forest has enough nutes they dont need nutes..

10. [quote name='"YODA"']Dont mist them while the light is on..
    at least move them until the water dries..If your not giving them a dark cycle try that..
    It helps the roots....

ps..ocean forest has enough nutes they dont need nutes..[/quote]

They are on 18/6 so they have a dark period.

So no nutes, what can I do :confused_2:

11. Suggestions anyone?

12. I want to say they are to wet or to dry....but man. Im not there..
    How high above is the light?

13. [quote name='"YODA"']I want to say they are to wet or to dry....but man. Im not there..
    How high above is the light?[/quote]

The 400w MH was about 20-24in above, I lifted it another 3 or so inches up.

The soil is always dry when I water. I just don't want to over water them. Maybe I should give them more water? I've always grown outdoors, so this indoors thing is a whole new kitten for me.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Id say water them real good and then wait 2 days before you water again..
    Thats norm for indoor..maybe even 3 days.. and dont spray them anymore...

15. [quote name='"YODA"']

Id say water them real good and then wait 2 days before you water again..
    Thats norm for indoor..maybe even 3 days.. and dont spray them anymore...[/quote]

Right on, thanks Yoda.

I'll report back in a couple days

16. Definitely check the ph of the water

17. You were right Yoda.

They were just thirsty.

I hit them heavy with water, it dried up by the next day. So yesterday I gave them another healthy dose of water with extremely low strength nutes and their new growth is looking healthy.