Rooted clones & Nutrients

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Hello420, Jun 1, 2012.

1. I took my 1st clones in over 1.5yrs (very poor success rate) and they have rooted.

Question 1) Can I introduce my nutrients at the current level I am feeding the mother? Seeing as the clones were getting that level a week ago, or if it would be wiser to start at a reduced rate.

Question 2) Would you recommend following the feeding chart from "early veg", or "late veg" and why? "Late veg" requires increases in certain nutrients.

(i.e, feed normal/reduce strength @"late veg" or normal/reduced strength @"early veg" nutrient levels)

I took 2 clones so I don't have enough to test all possible outcomes.

Thank you,
    Hello

2. My clones don't really like to go straight to full strength. I like to use somewhere between 1/2 to 3/4 strength for a couple of weeks, but it may vary depending on the brand of nutrient you use. One thing for sure, they will let you know if they aren't happy. (Leaves start to droop a bit and tips curl)

3. I treat clones as if they're babies. NO nutes til they grow their own 4th or 5th node.

You should build an Aerocloner. Your success rate will blow your mind!

4. That was what I was leaning towards but if there was that possibility to feed full strength and be successful I wanted to do it. I know it is always better to work your way up. Maybe I will experiment with 1 and report back. I may get lucky.

5. So I have been leaving mine in the tray with CO2 waiting to see new growth. They are already fully rooted and I was going to put them in soil but my buddy's dad said to wait for new growth. Whats your guys opinion

6. I will give you my secrets for clones.

1. Cut in 45 degree angle and peel a little bit on the side until you see the white stem.
    2. Rooting Hormone. I use the Cheap-O-Version from any Garden Center.
    3. Keep your humidity all time high while is rooting. I let it sit inside the dome a tiny cup full of water to increase the humidity.
    4. Apply the L.I.T.F.A. Technique
    5 . 97.9% success in my case

You can check my journal. I just root a flowering clone (5 weeks into flowering) in under 10 days using 100% Perlite and the methods mention above.

HTH

7. If they are fully rooted, get them in soil as they will need nutrients to grow.