Rootbound

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Popcorn, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Could these plants really look this bad just from being root bound? I did a slurry and everything is up to par in the ph department. See i have not had very good luck with autos, constantly getting very small plants. Then all of a sudden this run I get everything figured out and they grow like crazy. Lol anyways here is some picts let me know what you think.. they are in 3 gal pots were supposed to be autos but 3 didn't flower till i switched to 12/12. Would I even be able to transplant them at this point in to flower a couple weeks?
    20200922_061819.jpg 20200922_061816.jpg

2. You won't get root bound in fabric. Do you have mites

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I dont think so i will check good for bugs though. Thanks for the info.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I have had autos get curled leaves like that in flower. It was a calcium issue. My journal is linked in my sig. There are some pictures of a dark devil auto I harvested six weeks or so ago that had fans curl all over like that before I realized what it was and got her some more ca. Some autos are real whores for it. Is she showing any necrosis on any of her leaves? The one I had do that did not get normal calcium rust spots. It got like thin streaks of necrosis and the leaves started cupping down and eventually under. As soon as I bumped up her calcium, she snapped out of it in about three days. Leaves never straightened back up, but new ones started coming in fine. Good luck. Cheers

5. Looks like to much nitro for flowering. Autos are picky and not heavy feeders. Some of your tips are also starting to look burnt which is another indication of over feeding.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yea I agree with you as well. Eagle clawing is a sign of nitrogen toxicity

7. If the leaf margins are not growing and the center of the leaf stems is continuing, it will curl the leaf down and get a ridge in the center. You will be able to push on the top of the leaf and "pop" down the center and make it cup up. If it starts showing weird ass growth like that, it's more likely ca imo. Looks like you may have it on a few leaves. If it's just clawing, could be nitro tox, but I would not expect to see deformed growth from nitro. Good luck