Rootbound?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jacobm10, Jan 22, 2018.

1. #1 jacobm10, Jan 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    I am growing with FFOF in an 8 inch pot. My plant is about a month old. The yellowing on the lower leaves was from an under-watering/humidity issue that has been fixed. Does my plant look good for its age or could it be root bound? I havent seen too much growth in the past couple of days. Also, if it isn’t rootbound when should I switch to flower?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I would say that that plant looks way too small to be rootbound, as well as slightly overwatered and overfed maybe? You could definitely flower it now but I wouldnt expect more than a gram honestly. Are you planning on doing any kind of training with her?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. It is definitely not root bound, but it has been over watered recently. Young structured plants like that need very little water, just a tablespoon of water every day is all I would give a plant that size. Seriously, at that size all you want to do is keep the crown moist, as that is all your plant needs to stay healthy, and honestly if you stick to a (less is more mentality) when a plant is that small you will never over water it, and you will force your plant to grow its fibrous root system more quickly because when a plant isn't over watered, it viciously goes looking for the water it needs. Which in turn always builds a healthier root system that will make your plant really thrive when it matures and can finally handle full pot water saturation!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Well it isn’t over fed cause I havent given it any nutes and it isnt over watered, it had been in the past which is why the leaf tips have curled. And yeah i plan on doing LST to it.

5. Okay I am getting seriously irritated over everyone saying it is over watered. There is no way it is. Every time someone says that and I cut back on the water it always ends up under-watered. Let me just ask, why do you think it is over-watered? Because of the leaf tips curling?

6. #7 wEEDhEAD1, Jan 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    I'm not sure but it doesn't really look over watered. Its too small to be root bound, It isvery very small though for 1 month old! What light are you useing? What is your environment?

Pluck the lowest two leaves, the ones that are fully yellow .

What !?!?!? :/ this is really your advice for watering, and in soil! Lol :s
    You must be mad!

But as where on the topic how do you water? You shuld water the whole pot untill you get some run off. Then leave it until it's dry, at least a week most likely for a plant that small in that pot. Wet/dry is very important.
    A tablespoon a day, I cannot fathom!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lol I was thinking the same thing when I read that he is out of his mind. Gotta be a troll

8. Also, I am using a 26 Watt 6400K CFL and a 60 Watt 3200K CFL. My temps range from 70-80 degrees and my humidity ranges from 40-55%

9. The main problem here is no where near enough light.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Not enough room either my man. Any more lights in there and there will be no room for the plant and it will make my temps sky rocket

11. My lights come on at 10 pm and go off at 4pm the next day, so I was thinking I could put my plant in my window (which faces southwest) during the day so it can get more light?

12. I’ve tried growing in the window before and my plant just streched and fell over. I think your best bet would be to buy a 300w LED grow light. Not very big and barely changes the temps. They arent expensive at all. If you’ve got amazon prime you can get it in 3 days.

• Like Like x 2