Rootbound?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by uremom3, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Whats uo guys? I have a really emergency situation here. I have 2 plants both in the flowering stage. They are planted in a 1.5 gallon pot. (Small i know but i only have a small space to grow in) the plants are about a foot and a half tall and ive noticed one of the plants is looking very bad. The leaves are drooping very bad on this plant. It has approximately 3 weeks til it gets chopped down but it is looking pretty bad. Its losing all its leaves from the bottom of the plant and its not stopping. The leaves are also twisting when its close to dying, but the plant is still producing buds good. There isnt any signs of a defiency and i water them every 2 days. I think the problem is either overwatering or it is rootbound. Im going to slow my wattering down to every 3 or 4 days instead of every 2 days and see if this helps. What should i do? Should i try to carry it out til harvest in 3 weeks or should i risk transplanting it in a bigger pot and risk the plant dying? Im not aware of the symptoms of a plant being rootbound any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Wait until the soil drys! Mary loves dry soil. Look at the soil and if it is wet wait before you water it. Also, pick up the pot to see if it feels heavy or light. If light water it, and if not leave it alone! If the pot always seems heavy and stays wet for a while I suggest getting another pot, smart pot, for example. They need a way to drain the excess water.

If you switch pots use the same soil and nutes so it will not stress them and cause them to slow production.

3. Idk about that speedy.. Lots of soils dry quick on top .. And weight is an ok depending on the age .. Because every week the root structure grows.. And in flower certain phenos tend to fluctuate on growth... Best method is to stick your pointer finger into the soil halfway between the rim of the pit and the stem down to then first knuckle .. If it feels dry they still need water.. Unstable phenos do tend to show root binding later in flower but I'd put money to say they are sucking up the nutes faster than you can deliver .. I would increase the amount if light you deliver during the 12/12 and start flushing them with 3x the amount of the pot your growing in... No nutes .. That way you dont have to stress nuts deficiency then add a lil cal/mag ... You should be fine .. Next time around try increasing your luminens .. Or supplementing co2