Rootball Damage :((((((

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by OGkushak, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Hey guys. So I just transplanted my two week old vegged plants into bigger pots with more perlite. One of the transplants went great (taller plant) but the little LST girl's rootball split into like 4 quarters when I pulled her outta the old pot. It didn't literally fall into 4 pieces, I held it together the best I could, but when I set it into the new pot it kinda all fell apart so I just did my best to straighten her out and put the new soil around her. Some of the outta roots did get damaged and I'm not too sure how the center roots are but I'm pretty sure they are still totally intact. I'll be keeping a close eye on her but anything else I can do to help her? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418324582.669732.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Only time will tell. Maybe invest in some root developer.

Whether you're for marijuana or against it. No one should ever have to go to jail for it.

3. I wouldn't worry too much man, those plants can go through a lot and still be fine. I regularly pull my plants and trim off over 70% of the root mass on my mothers, and they keep bouncing back.

She'll be stunted for a bit, but you should be good...

4. its only been about 5-6 hours since the transplant but she is still thriving and seems to be perking up even more (knock on wood) with the added light and soil, is that way too early to tell if it had a negative effect on her?