Root the Bud

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CannabisOasis, Jun 27, 2012.

1. So the other day I went to pick some bud up from my dealer, I mentioned to him that I'm probably about to start growing a little bit indoor because I've run into some financial trouble. So as we got on the subject he began to tell me about putting molasses into the water in the last 2-3 weeks of growth, which i've confirmed.
    But...
    He also told me that when the bud on the top of your plant gets to be about 3 inches long, to snip it off with a little of the stem left on the bottom, put some TakeRoot on it and stick it into some dirt and the bud will continue to grow without sprouting out leaves everywhere.

Case and point is. Will that really work?:confused:

2. Well this Forum is called Absolute Beginners for a reason.
    Been smoking for over 5 years but just now decided to grow, figured if any place will help it will be here.

3. true. but what your friend was talking about would be like picking an apple and then planting it by the stem to make it grow bigger. it just doesnt work like that

4. #6 MIDLIFE, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2012
    wtf :eek: don't try that when your at the end of your grow with a top bud !! what that will do is make the lower buds get a little extra full but imo not worth loosing a nice top cola for.

but you can re-veg a plant if you leave around 8 to 10 inch's of the plant with few buds and leaves at the bottom inculding the ROOTS by putting it back under 24/0 lighting (HM OR T5) for two weeks then onto 18/6 for 2 months+, even then it might not be worth it unless your going to put it outside as a bonus plant at the start of spring or you want to save the strain.

bollocks just written all that then re-read your question :smoke: :eek::smoke:
    lets start again :D
    YES you can cut clones of a plant that is in early flower 3 pos 4 weeks tops to make your next crop, but it will have leaves and grow like a normal clone and depending on how late you cut you might get a shit load of leaves.
    middy

5. First rule of grow club, we do not talk about grow club. Especially to people that may soon have a run-in with the law.

He's talking out his ass anyways.

6. Didn't realize how much of the smoking community were total douchebags. This site has kinda gone to shit.

7. i see no doucheness here. you asked a question. we answered it an lol'd about it. did we disrespect you in anyway? did we offend you somehow? did we provide you with false information?

8. Sorry I wasn't laughing at you I was just laughing in general.

The straight up answer is no it won't work, plants need leaves for photosynthesis, so therefor that bud u would have tried to grow would have just dried up an died dude.

U came to the right place for an answer

9. The info and community on GC is the best I ve found by far .i should think most question have been answered repeatedly .

But you are at least even as a new grower like myself expected to have a. Common sense b. try to read the stickies .

You sound like you have neither .