root rot

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by bygsyx6, Jun 22, 2011.

1. need to know what do root rot looks like?

northern light
    ph 5.9
    ppm 850
    baskets are 3"
    root was white but I think my nutes are to strong because root turn light brown the color of my nutes

2. How does the rest of her look?:confused:

If the roots are the color of the nutes but everthing looks good, I'd guess its just 'nute stain' on the roots.

Watch her close though:D

3. @ ro76 I also use the technaflora line. and noticed browing of the roots.. after using the thrive alive red. but im almost 3 weeks into flowering now and the topside looks beautiful.

@ altered ego.. "Nute stain" sounds like exactly what I have been tripping on. thought it was root rot.. but plants are healthy as ever.

4. I am using technaflora also. plants look good one leaf is giving up on me and two plants is a light green and i just started my 3rd week of flowering. was told today not to use the 3tsp might be to strong. some companies push their nutes chart to 3tsp so we have to spend with them more quickly

5. You can look at my grow journal I have exact dosage listed(with PPMs and PH) on every nutrient change (every week). So far worked good for me .
    I am on the 8th week of flowering.
    P.S>First link in my signature.

6. I am new to this web site and really do not know how to move around in here. I click on all the links I see but did not see nothing about nutes and ph can you help me please.

7. Click on the first link in my signature 600W DWS WW/JH. it will take you to my grow journal . Just go trough it and you will see amounts of nutrients per gallon with ppms and ph levels that i use. So far i did not have any problems, so my guess will be if you follow the steps then you should be ok too...

8. ok thanks RO76

9. can anyone tell me how to attach my grow journal to my profile

10. You need to go into profile and add the link to your signature. Sorry I know that much, but dont know the exact clicks you need to do:p

11. my babies seem to be doing alright but leafs on the bottom is getting wet. I thinking I should turn off my spray water on top and just use my diffuser. here some pixs

Attached Files:

12. If your roots are getting water without the sprayers, you could most deff shut them down.

The big issue with wet leaves is the water droplets acting like a magnifying lenses. But if its just the bottom and you arent getting any signs of damage, you arent hurting anythig:D