Root Rot!

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Longhair1, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Hello,
    What To Use & How To Stop Root Rot On
    1 White Widow 33 Days In Flower
    4x4x6.5 Ft Grow Tent
    10 Gallon "Tote"
    400 Watt MH
    150 Watt HPS
    A Bunch CFLs
    4 Airstones
    Any Help & Info Is Welcome!!

Thank You
    Longhair1

2. you might try flushing them thoroughly with a water and peroxide mix.
    Make sure to keep your nutes under 70 Degrees F if possible. Freeze bottles of water and drop them in the bucket if you have to. Clean and cool is your only hope as far as I know.
    I have removed the rotting roots before and washed the remaining with pure peroxide and then rinsed with cool water. I did manage to make it through to the end with that crop but it was a bitch.

Someone else may know better on what to do.

good luck

3. i have just been through this (once again) w/my own girls.

like posted: remove rot and rinse w/water + whatever...its just gonna be rinsed off anyway.

ADD SOME CLEAN BUT WELL USED FISH TANK WATER!!!w/your RO water and let circulate in rez for 6hrs before adding nutes.

my fish water uaually stays at: PH6.5 and PPM1999+ (meter maxed). more or less.
    ill even add a cup or two of tap water.

4. Get a chiller.

You need to keep your nute temp under 70 deg.

Get a pool thermometer and see what your running at.

5. also: once you pull off the rot, cut most fan leaves in half.

6. Why?.

7. Just add hydrogen peroxide to your water once a week. I do this and have never had root issues. I use the 3% you find at the drug store, and add 1 tbsp. per gallon of water.

8. a frozen water bottle thrown into the rez might keep the temps down and help fight off root rot, also keep up the hydrogen peroxide and make sure the rez is light sealed!