Root rot

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by JPDevils41, Jun 8, 2016.

1. First time grower, closet grow 5 gal DWC pH normally 5.7, 80 degrees, 50% rh, about 3-4 weeks from harvest and just got a case of root rot. It's hurting the growth on the lower part of my plant. How would you all recommend treating this issue? I would like not to scrap the plant and have begun treating by adding voodoo juice to a fresh rez and plan on changing out the rez every 3 days moving forward.
    How often should I rez change to heal the plant or at least make it to harvest?
    Can I continue to give my usual nutes while trying to fix this problem?
    How much voodoo juice or hydroguard or hygrozyme should I use?
    Can I combine them?
    Should I do a 24 hour rez change with 3% H2O2 then treat with voodoo etc?

Please help!

2. There are a host of propriety chems to add to your dwc grow to prevent such instances

see you local grow store for the latest

in the old days we flushed the rez every 5 days,

then cleansed with a 10% bleach solution

good luck

3. When I got root rot, I went out and bought hydro guard for like 18 dollars.
    2ml per gallon every 5 days now when I'm topping with fresh water.
    I'd do a complete drain on your system, remove the plants and bleach the entire system, take a hose and gently spray the roots to get rid of as much rot as you possibly can without harming the plant.

Place plants back into the new decontaminated system and fill with the new water with your nutes and hydroguard
    Make sure the ppm's don't go off the charts (HG adds ppms)
    You should really figure out a way to keep your water level down. Invest in a chiller or add frozen water bottles to the water. I personally keep my water temps down to 68-71 F

Don't forget to disinfect your air stones,tubes etc.

4. After an array of potential problems the plant was exhibiting, I am now almost convinced it's root rot. Either that or it's suffering from multiple stresses. Do you think this plant is salvageable or should I start over ?

Attached Files:

5. Don't hijack somebody else's thread. Make your own. You've got a plant growing in soil and this post was about a DWC grow (sort of a mini hydro grow). Post your own thread under "sick plants...." Your plant looks pretty darn sad, honestly. I don't know if it'll overcome whatever you've done to it. Regardless of what you do with this one, looks like you desperately need to do some reading up on how to tend these plants doing a soil grow with artificial lighting. You can have the greatest grow setup in the world, but if you can't keep the plant alive because you don't know how to tend it, you're setup is a waste. Read in the beginner growers thread. There are "sticky's" posted at the top that contain tried and true information on how to grow these plants without killing them. Until you get a good handle on the very basics of it, you're going to have unhappy plants. Need to read up on all aspects of soil grows....Watering, soil, nutes, light, etc. All these have their own specific role to play in the health of this plant. Good luck! TWW

• Like Like x 1