Root Rot

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by doniboy, May 22, 2016.

1. How often have you all experienced root rot with your (R)DWC systems? From what I've read, even with running a chiller, keeping light out, using hydro nutes, and with high DO, some have still had root rot issues.

I'm just curious know how prevalent is root rot and other infections and diseases are with running a (R)DWC system where everything is hypothetically done right?

2. I don't have any of those problems.
    Anyone that does, obviously isn't doing everything "right". Whatever "right" is...
    Not that I'm perfect or anything, but for those issues to arise, there had to be an underlying cause.
    Either some funky ass water or weird concoction of nutes is being used, or someone simply isn't being attentive to the environmental conditions and needs of the grow area/system.

• Like Like x 5
  3. I have never had problems since I have been using a chiller.....Knock on wood!

• Like Like x 1
  4. No chiller, my temps are usually between 68-74 (depending on the season).. Been going strong for about 6-8 harvests/year for the past 5 years now and haven't had a run in with it yet.. It comes down to clean practices and attention to the small stuff i.e - sterilize your buckets, air-stones and media (if reusing) between crops with bleach or a similar disinfectant, eliminate light leaks, keep funky shit out of your res (molasses, organic material etc).

5. ^^yup what he said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk